A Good Mattress for Large People, Simmons Black w/ Latex Topper

Madeline writes:


Hello, 
I read your website concerning your making mattresses for each person.  I bought a Beauty Rest 1 1/2 yrs ago and the side is sloping.  I've put on a 4" latex foam topper but I'm not comfortable.  Let me begin with my weight which is 260 lbs. I have metal rods in my back due to several back operations.  I'm tired of spending money on mattresses that don't hold up.  I'd like a strong full size firm mattress that won't cause the sides to slant, and won't take me to the cleaners.  Can you suggest a particular mattress for me?  Thanking you in advance for your prompt attention.
Maddy


Hi Madeline,
We don't make mattresses for each person. We make recommendations based each person's particular needs.
The first thing to realize, is that mattresses are made to hold you in a prone position. The edges aren't designed to be sat on...other than to get in and out of bed. If you are routinely using the side of the mattress for any other purpose, get a chair to use instead.
4" of latex is too much latex....too soft.
Getting "taken to the cleaners" is something that has already happened. If what you buy works, the price you pay is worth it.
There's no question that you need a firm mattress. A 2" latex topper is all you need to soften the surface and add longevity to the mattress. Besides being comfortable, the extraordinary resilience of latex will absorb much of your body weight, taking the stress off of the mattress.
A good choice of mattress is the Simmons Black Ansleigh in Luxury Firm Tight Top.
Here are links to that mattress and the latex topper.




Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments