Stearns & Foster Heidi mattress in luxury firm with a 2" soft latex topper

Millie writes:

I really need your help! I have occasionally had a terrible reaction to a mattress in a hotel and even in a friend's house; I lie on it for a few minutes and feel as though I'm on fire. In order to sleep, I must cover the mattress with layers of other fabrics. It's time for me to buy a new mattress for myself and I don't know what materials to rule out. I must say that I have never had the reaction in a mattress store, but I think lying down fully clothed may mute it. How should I shop and what should I look for or ask for?
I'd appreciate any advice you can give me.
Millie 

Hi Millie,
The heat you're feeling could have been a couple of different things.
One of them is unique to menopausal females...a hormonal reaction to the fire retardant backing of the fabric....the reason for questioning your age.
Most commonly, it's the memory foam used in most mattresses. Knowing its there will require you knowing what's inside. BTW, salespeople aren't your best source of information. Ask to see the spec sheet and look for the words,"visco or memory" foam.
Another heat source are the pillowtops. Avoid them for premature wear, as well as heat.
There aren't many mattresses that have no memory foam. So, it won't be easy.
As you've learned, you can insulate yourself. The best over-all solution is a firm mattress with a latex topper. The latex does not sleep hot. It's an excellent insulator, provides long lasting comfort and pressure point relief, and adds years of life to the mattress you use with it.
Our most popular mattress/topper combination is the Stearns & Foster Heidi in luxury firm with a 2" soft latex topper. The Heidi has no memory foam.
Here are links to those items.

Stearns & Foster Heidi

http://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/

Latex Mattress Topper



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments