Feather Bed Mattress Toppers

Nina writes:

Thank you so much for your very prompt reply!!
I do react within a few minutes, to some heat causing materials. I am postmenopausal, but my husband and daughter have similar, but less intense responses. They hang out and watch tv with me in bed, long enough to feel unpleasantly hot. Both have beds made before 2006 fire retardant laws. It only seems to get worse.....further trapping the heat..... as I sink in more. 
For some reason, when I sleep across the middle of the bed where the extra memory foam is, and on top of a cotton insulated blanket, it becomes somewhat less hot.. This is counter-intuitive, but perhaps I am creating a sling effect and my body is not pressing as hard on these 3 differently padded areas of the mattress?
I have tried sleeping on the new latex pillows on top of the mattress. This did not help. I don't know if that would be the equivalent of a latex topper, which would be thinner.
Please advise me about buying an in expensive mattress, where I can remove the flame retardant cover and replace it with cotton batting or a featherbed. I do not smoke and do not have any electrical outlets close to the bed. 


Hi Nina,  
You're talking about performing major surgery on a new mattress. I have had many contemplate such a thing, but none wrote back to tell me how it went....which tells me that it didn't go well or never attempted.
Seeing as how your mattresses are pre 2007 and you are post menopausal, I can't help but feel that a mattress with no memory foam would solve your problem.
Here is a link to a well made and reasonably priced mattress.




Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Classic Lumberton in Luxury Firm


If the flame guard backing bothers you, consider the latex topper as an alternative to surgery.



All Natural Latex Mattress Topper


If you prefer a feather bed, we have those also.

http://themattressexpert.com/bedding/pacific-coast/pacific-coast-mattress-protectors-feather-beds/




Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments