Two-Sided Medi-Coli Mattress for Heavy Weight People

Barb writes:


Hi Pete,
My husband and I are looking to purchase a new Queen-size mattress set. I came across this website and blog and have read many interesting things. My husband and I are larger people - 6'3" and 5'10" and both are around 325 lbs. He has severe hip and leg pain and needs a soft surface to sleep comfortably on. I have mild back pain, at times. I've narrowed our selection down to either the Simmons Beautyrest Black Ansleigh in Plush/Firm or the Therapedic Medi-coil Permatuft Plush with latex. Would you recommend one over the other for us? Would it be better to add a 2" or 3" latex pad? Would I need to add the latex if I go with the Therapedic? I'm leaning towards it because of our size and wasn't sure if I needed to add the latex pad and if so, what thickness.
Thanks for your assistance,
Barb

Hi Barb,
There's no question. Our Therapedic Medi-Coil is the only mattress specifically designed to hold that amount of weight long term.
You will need to add a latex topper for your husband's hip. I would suggest two latex toppers...each at 1.5"...one soft talalay and one Dunlop. Here are the links. They can be ordered on line.






Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments