Simmons Beautyrest mattress for children

Denise writes:

Hi Pete-
Can't believe how much time I've spent reading your blog! Good stuff here!
What brought me is I'm looking for a mattress for my four-year-old son. I see that you recommend the Simmons Beautyrest Lumberton luxury firm and the price is very reasonable. Before I go ahead and order, I just wanted to double-check if you had another suggestion as I don't mind spending a little bit more if you feel there is another option that will hold up better as he grows over the next 14 or so years. Or is it ridiculous to think that a mattress is going to last that long and should I just plan on buying another one in a couple of years?
Thanks so much for your time!-Denise

Hi Denise,
The Lumberton luxury firm is a good mattress for about 10 years, for a small child. 
Your son will start to be hard on his things after he becomes a teenager....he'll put on some real weight and start throwing that weight around.
To get something that will last these next 10 years and then endure the punishment of his teen years, you'd have to go to the Stearns & Foster Heidi in Luxury Firm, which will cost a lot more.
These next 10 years have to see you through him getting sick and being potty trained. You could spend the money for the S&F and find yourself, still, having to replace it because of accidents.
If the Lumberton needs replacing, there are strong, comfortable mattresses at the lower end that are perfect for teenagers...and the cost of both will be less than the price of the S&F Heidi.

Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments