Organic, All-Natural Latex Mattress

Ron writes:


Hi Pete,
First, full disclosure: We purchased an EverEden mattress, 6” Dunlop and 3” medium Talalay (glued), from another site.  We live in rural upstate New York, so the internet is about our only option for buying an organic latex mattress. We did try and like a Spring Air Nature’s Rest Natural Essence 10” mattress at a local mattress store, but were suspicious when we could not find any confirmation of the salesman’s details of its “100% natural Talalay” construction.
I did a lot of research on the Internet and read your web site before choosing this particular mattress. Natural latex seemed the best way to go. Unfortunately we find it the most bizarre mattress we have ever slept on. It is very soft if you sit on an edge or press on it with your hand. But when we lie on it, it is one of the most firm mattresses we have ever had the displeasure of spending the night on. We hardly sink into it. Both my wife and I wake up hurting in the morning. For her more than a few hours leaves her with pain in her shoulders and hips. I even notice my rib cage hurts laying on it and my back hurts more than usual in the morning. I should add the details that we have had the mattress for about a week and it is on a platform frame, 4” slats, 4” apart.
Some background: We are both side-sleepers. Our home bed for over 30 years has been a “free-flow” unbaffled water bed, for the last decade it has had the addition of a 3” cheap memory foam pad (for insulation) and a good quality featherbed. So maybe we are used to an exceptionally soft bed, but my wife travels for work a lot and has slept on many different hotel beds. I injured my back about 5 years ago, disk damage that is still deteriorating after surgery. To help sleep I added water to the bed to firm it up. As my back has gotten worse, though, I have been unable to tolerate the waterbed and spent more nights on the guest bed (an inexpensive Sealy pillow-top which is OK, but not very comfortable). But it gets lonely in the guest room!
Now, after we have made this enormous purchase, we come to you for advice. Any suggestions? Add a soft latex topper? Return it and buy something different? My wife wants her waterbed back, I just want a good night’s sleep!
Thank in advance for your advice,
Ron


Hi Ron,
Your mistake was the medium 3" of Talalay. You should have chosen the soft.
You have two options. Add 2" of soft Talalay or trade yours in for the soft top.
If you trade it in, opt for it to be not glued. The top won't shift and so there's no need for the exposure to the chemicals in the glue.
Compare the cost of the exchange to adding the 2" topper.
Here's a link to ours...same stuff from the same manufacturer.



I have the same mattress at home with a 2" soft top. It sleeps great.
The difference in comfort between medium and soft is substantial.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments