Fixing my Simmons NxG mattress with a latex topper

Tracy writes:

Greetings.
I just discovered this wonderful website, although a bit too late because I have already purchased a mattress. Next time I will purchase one from you! I am hoping you can provide me with some advice. Our old mattress was a double-sided very fluffy pillow top from Kingdown which we loved for many years.  Eventually it wore out and was causing my partner back and shoulder pain so we just replaced it with a Simmons Beauty Rest NXG 300 V Firm Pillow Top.  We both loved it in the store… It felt firm and supportive but still cushioning. Now that we have it at home my partner really likes it. She is sleeping well, and her shoulder and back do not hurt anymore.   I am finding it a bit more firm than I expected. A few mornings my lower back was a little bit achy, although I'm not 100% sure that was from the mattress. My shoulder feels smushed when I sleep on my side,  but I don’t actually have any pain when I wake up, just a little stiff.  It's just that it's not that comfortable! I am quite small, 4’11’ 106 pounds, my partner is 5’4” 145 pounds.  She is a side sleeper, I am a side sleeper & back sleeper (and occasionally stomach sleeper although I try not to!)
My question is… Do you think adding one of your latex toppers would make me more comfortable? It seems crazy that I would have to add a latex topper onto a very expensive mattress, but if it makes me more comfortable it is worth it. Do you think the topper would in any way decrease my partner's comfort and happiness with the mattress?
I bought the mattress from a local furniture store which I like and do business with frequently. I'm not even sure what the return policy is, but since my partner likes the mattress so much I would rather not even try to return it.
Thank you very much for your assistance, Tracy

Hi Tracy,
Your size doesn't allow you to make dent in what you have. This is a common problem for women who are very light in weight.
The topper will help you. It softens the surface without sacrificing the underlying firm support.
Normally, a soft layer of latex is a welcome addition by anyone's standards.
It will also extend the life of the mattress, by absorbing much of your body weight....so, it's far from being a waste of money...just the opposite.




Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments