Simmons Beautyrest World Class Annapolis Place in the luxury firm with the 2" soft Talalay latex topper

Elizabeth writes:
Please reply soon so I can change something quickly and suffer less pain.  Okay, here it goes... Last year, I downsized to a full size bed but, quicky  realized I need a queen for the extra length. I bought a used Simmons  Beautyrest pillowtop very similar to the King I downsized from. I did not notice  the replacement sagged in the middle until after sleeping on it a few nights. I  was very disappointed. I have a very bad back with early onset degenerative  arthritis as well as degenerative disc disease all along my spine up into my  neck as well as Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue, and Fibromyalgia. I thought a  memory foam mattress topper could possibly help both the mattress contour  and my increasing back pain plus, the newly onset all-over body tightness  would be relieved. After carefully reviewing the many blog posts here, I now  realize that I have been digging myself deeper into pain and misery while  trying to have a flat bed again. The memory foam pad I bought to fix the  problem, only sagged right along with the mattress contour! Duh, silly me!  Then thought to place a folded blanket in the space of the sag to bring  everything up to a level field. This did not work either since I then had two  slight changes in elevation; one on each side of the folded blanket beneath  the foam pad! I slept that way for several months with increasing back pain.  Finally decided that sleeping on folded up blankets placed in the sagging spot  probably wasn't the best idea and maybe even worse than sleeping in the  sag. Now, I'm back to sleeping on my memory foam covered sag and still  wake with neck pain as well as worsened back pain plus the all-over body  tightness every single day. At some point in the next couple years, I will  definitely replace the full size with a high quality queen but, prefer not to  spend the money right now; hence, my subject title, The Price of Pain. Now, I  have two questions. My first question is whether or not it would be smart to go  ahead in buying a queen size latex topper now and place it on the full size  mattress while waiting for the right time to buy a queen which will be after my  boyfriend proposes. If it is okay to do this, my other question involves three  options. Firstly, will it be of any help to go ahead and buy a latex topper now  and place it on the sagging Beautytrest pillowtop the way it is now? Secondly,  would it be better to flip the saggy mattress over to the hard side and place a  latex topper that way for sleeping? Lastly, would it be better to buy a never  before used full size firm mattress made by Sealy for cheap, $100, on Craig's  List and then place a latex topper on it? Which of those three choices do you  think would work best? Or, should I go ahead and invest in a quality mattress  now instead of waiting on something I'm not sure of when happening? Haha.  If that's the case, which mattress and topper would you recommend with a  very tight budget that could possibly squeeze somewhere in the ballpark of  $1500, if necessary, to have a mattress to last at least 10 years that I will love  and will sometimes be stuck in for hours when excessively fatigued?  
 
Hi Elizabeth, 
Getting a mattress pad and fitted sheet over a full size mattress under a queen size topper will be a job you will curse. If you are looking to put off the purchase of a new mattress for a couple of years, I'd suggest getting a 2" soft full size latex topper and not spend the next couple of years fighting with your bed. Flipping your mattress over will help, but more so is your mattress is a firm pillowtop. If it is a plush pillowtop, the gauge of the wire used for the coils is very thin, which would make this option much less productive for you. I think that keeping what you have is a huge mistake, when it comes to your physical well being.
I like the idea of that $100 firm Sealy mattress with the topper as a good solution for a few years...maybe longer...given that we don't know how long it'll take you BF to propose.
If you are going to pop for the right bed now, it would be the Simmons Beautyrest World Class Annapolis Place in the luxury firm with the 2" soft Talalay latex topper...about $1600 for everything.
Here are the links to that mattress and to the toppers.

http://themattressexpert.com/mattress-brands/simmons/beautyrest-recharge-world-class/


http://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/





Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments