Mattress Advice | Good, Better, Best Mattresses for a New Home.

Rita writes: 

Hi Pete,

It’s been a long while, but we’ve purchased from you in the past and all your recommendations have been great. We slept well and they lasted a long time.
Now, where moving to a new home and need mattresses for all of our bedrooms.
We need mattresses for the kids, one of those is nearly an adult.
We need a mattress for the guest bedroom that will be used by larger adults.
And we need one for our master bedroom.

I’m a little torn about quality needed for each bedroom.
We’d like to spend only what we need to for each, without going crazy.
The little ones don’t weigh very much, but that will change with time.
The guest bedroom won’t get constant use, but will be used a few times a month.

My husband and I are looking for something that’s really good and we’re ok with spending more for our bed, if it’s worth it.

I remember from our last purchase that you were really good about not trying to over sell. That and our positive experience with what you recommended is why we’re back. I’m sure that you have many happy customers.

So, if you could recommend a Good, Better, Best selection, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Rita

Hi Rita,
Welcome Back! I’m so pleased to hear that what I recommended to you worked out so well and for so long.
You’re right about us having many happy customers. That’s mostly due to our philosophy of buying what you need and not more than is necessary.
It’s something that my dad instilled in me. A focus on quality AND value.
Dad had 2 engineering degrees…electrical and mechanical.
It was said of him and his friends, that they could squeeze the buffalo off a nickel.

Let’s start with the guest bedroom. The “Good” choice with a 2” latex topper will do the job under heavier people and without having to worry about replacing it.
The latex topper does a couple of things. Besides the obvious surface comfort, it absorbs a lot of body weight, which saves wear and tear on the mattress.

The Eco-Terra Hybrid Latex Mattress in Medium Firm, and a 2” Soft Latex Topper from Latex for Less. You’ll find the pricing to be extremely reasonable.
Here are those links.


Eco-Terra Hybrid Latex Mattress 

https://tidd.ly/49x2BLy



Latex for Less Pure, Organic Latex Mattress Toppers

https://tidd.ly/4yP56mr



You can go with that same mattress for the little ones, in Medium, without needing the topper, especially if you’re going with twin size.
If they’re in larger mattresses, you might want to consider the “Better” choice, which I recommend for your older child.
The PlushBeds Luxury Bliss Mattress in Medium Firm is the recommendation.
Shown here.


PlushBeds Luxury Bliss Tight-top Mattress 

https://tidd.ly/4ouSPyT



There’s one mattress that stands out as being the “Best”…made by The Ultimate Snooze, their Ultimate Recovery Pillowtop Mattress 

Shown here.


The Ultimate Snooze, Ultimate Recovery Pillowtop Mattress

https://tidd.ly/3V8bDKC 





The Ultimate Snooze Mattress has the highest coil count available, with 4” of Pure, Organic and Hypoallergenic Latex.

It’s incredibly well made. And while a bit expensive, it’s worth every penny.


All of these recommendations are organic, so you don’t have to worry about chemicals that off gas, which has become a prevalent problem many of the mattresses be produced today.


Let me know if you have any questions.


Thanks, Pete TME 


Questions? 


TME Website: https://themattressexpert.com/


Delivery is Always Free 
Online Ordering is Easy & Secure.
Visa, M/C, Discover, Amex
Financing Available 

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram 

Heads up: this post includes affiliate links. If you click and purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products I have personally vetted.
Thank you for supporting The Mattress Expert!

Comments