Replacing the Stearns & Foster Blisswood Mattress I Bought From You 15 Years Ago.

Annie writes:

 Hi Pete! 

I bought my current mattress from you back around 2011, and I’ve been reading your blog as I figure out what to replace it with.  
It is a Stearns & Foster Blisswood Luxury Firm, and I’ve been very happy with it overall. I believe and it has lasted about 15 years, so I certainly got my money’s worth.  It has now developed a noticeable dip. 

I currently have a 2” latex topper with it and have also been using a foam mattress corrector underneath to compensate for the dip. I’ve recently been waking up with significant neck discomfort, so I think it is time to replace the mattress rather than keep trying to correct it. And yes - I did try flipping it.   

I’m 5’3”, around 140 lbs, and I sleep both on my side and stomach - mostly on my stomach. My boyfriend is 6’1 and 200 pounds. I would prefer to avoid memory foam and polyurethane-foam-heavy mattresses and am interested in latex and more traditional/natural constructions.  
Based on your blog, I’ve been looking at the Eco Terra Hybrid Latex and the PlushBeds Luxury Bliss. Would you recommend one of those for me, and if so, would you choose Medium or Medium-Firm?  

I’d also like your opinion on whether an all-latex mattress would make sense for me, or whether you think the latex-over-coil construction is a better match given that I did so well on the Blisswood Luxury Firm. 

And if there is another brand or model entirely that you think would be a better choice, I’m very open to that.  
I’m happy to spend more if there is a meaningful benefit in comfort, support, or longevity, but I don’t want to spend more just for the sake of it.  
Thanks very much! I’d really appreciate your recommendation.
Annie

Welcome back Annie,
I’m so pleased to hear that your current mattress worked out so well for you and for so long. Getting your money’s worth is one of my main priorities.

Well, since you’ve already done your homework, you’ve left me little to say.
An all latex mattress is an iffy proposition, as it doesn’t provide the pushback support that you’ve been used to. So, that would not be a wise choice.

Since your boyfriend isn’t small, the PlushBeds is more substantial than the Eco-Terra…making that the better choice.
If your current mattress is supported by a platform bed, then all you need to replace is the mattress. If your mattress has a boxspring, it would be money well spent to replace that as well.
PlushBeds has replacement foundations available in 2 heights, so take a measurement before you order. 

I recommend their Luxury Bliss in Medium Firm.
I recommend getting a 2” soft latex topper to go with it, which PlushBeds also has. The organic cotton cover for it is optional, so be sure to include it.


PlushBeds Luxury Bliss Tight-top Mattress 

https://tidd.ly/4ouSPyT



And, if you use this discount code when you checkout, you’ll save an extra $100.

MATTRESSEXPERT100


Let me know if you need any assistance along the way.

Thanks, Pete TME 


Questions? 


TME Website: https://themattressexpert.com/


Delivery is Always Free 
Online Ordering is Easy & Secure.
Visa, M/C, Discover, Amex
Financing Available 

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram 

Comments