Our Third Mattress in the Last Eleven Months.

Mike writes: 

Hello Pete,

My wife and I need to buy our third mattress in the last eleven months.
Doing research on why this is happening is when I found your website.  
I agree with what I've read on your website that mattresses today are junk and don't last.  
 
I injured my back when I was younger and purchased my first new mattress.
It was a Simmons Beautyrest my wife and I got when we got married in 2000.  
We loved that mattress and when it finally felt worn out, a few years ago.
So, naturally, we replaced it with another Simmons Beautyrest, which lasted only four years.
We replaced that with a Serta, 2.5 years ago, hoping for greater longevity.  
Then we had to replace it that one last Christmas with one that was, amazingly enough even worse.  
The store we bought it from gave us a new one in February that I'm having a hard time with.  
Out of desperation, we chose the memory foam option on this last one.  What a huge mistake!  
Thanks to you, I now know why.
 
What would you recommend for a 48 year old, 6' 6" tall, 290 lb. adult male and a 5' 5" 135 lb., 45 year old female to sleep comfortably like we did in 2000?
Thanks for the help, we really appreciate it!
Sincerely, Mike
 
Hi Mike,
The thing about the Simmons Beautyrests, that make them such comfortable mattresses, are the individually pocketed coils, which provides contouring support that maintains the natural alignment of the spine.
The thing that makes them such a bad mattresses, today, is the memory foam upholstery.
 
In order to most closely mimic your old Beautyrest, with an eye on supporting a man your size long term,
my recommendation is a good strong firm mattress for support and a softer latex topper for surface comfort.
The Natura of Canada Greenspring Plush Mattress uses the strongest individually pocketed coils available,
upholstered with Natural Talalay Latex and NO Memory Foam.
Click on this link for that mattress:
 
 

White Glove Delivery is Free.
 
Thanks, Pete 
 
You Should Know 
 
Using an old box spring to support any new mattress will cause premature wear and void the manufacturer’s warranty.
https://www.themattressexpert.com/foundations_and_bases.html#/
 
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of a mattress by keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry.
 
Voicemail: 856-874-6894

Follow us on Facebook

Comments