I Purchased a Sealy SpringFree Latex Mattress 14 years ago.

 Jill writes:

Hi Pete,
About 14+ years ago, I purchased the Sealy SpringFree Holland Mills Latex Mattress.  
I had undergone extensive surgery and needed something that would not affect pressure points.
It was also supportive and I had seen this bed highly recommended on fibromyalgia support groups:
As a new mattress, it was comfortable and supportive, but a tad on the firm side for me. 
Over time with more use, it's definitely broken it in and comfortable. 
I'm 58, 5'4" 135lbs
I'm a stomach & side sleeper. I have lower back & lumbar issues and tailbone tenderness. 
I also have fibromyalgia. I tend to toss and turn a lot when not comfortable.
My husband is 59. 6'0" 190lbs
He's a back sleeper. He likes to sleep on his side, but his hip and arm start to hurt.
We both like a medium firm bed with a plush feel. 
We don't like feeling like we're sleeping on top of the bed.
We replaced our old Sealy Latex for a purple mattress. (Now I wished we kept it and got a quality topper.) 
I hate it. It smells like crayons & chlorine. 
It's like sleeping on a rubber band. 
And though I sleep soundly when I finally fall sleep-I wake in pain & discomfort all over.  
I've resorted to sleeping in my son's room while he's at college, where we put our old Sealy latex mattress. 
What Sealy SpringFree model given above experience should I be looking at now?
Thank you, in advance, for your kind recommendations!
Regards, Jill
Hi Jill,
Sealy no longer makes anything like that today...not since that company was sold in 2013.
Your Sealy mattress was made of synthetic latex with polyurethane foam on top.
What we carry is natural latex.
Our recommendation would be the Natura of Canada Blossom Latex Mattress in Plush.
Specifications and Prices, shown here:
Natura Latex Mattress


There are no chemicals in this mattress. 
The 1” of polyurethane foam in the quilt is plant-based, not petrochemical-based, as in your Sealy latex mattress.
White Glove Delivery is Free
Thanks, Pete 
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of any mattress, keeping it clean and dry.
Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com
Voicemail: 856-874-6894
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Comments