What mattress would you recommend for back, hip, and neck pain on a budget.

 Lou writes:

Hi Pete,
I have been having back, hip, and neck pains recently.
I can only afford a mattress for around $1000. 
What mattress would you recommend on a budget?
Here are my issues: I have L4 and L5 bulging discs and an angular fissure in L4. 
This has caused lower back tightness and pain as well as significant hip, leg (including sciatica), and knee pain. 
I am 6'4" 175 lbs and in my early 30's. 
I was very active up until recently when my injury has all but put a stop to it. I am a side sleeper.
What kind of mattress do you recommend? Should I get a latex mattress topper? Which type of pillow? 
I was used to a "comfy-er" more plush mattress, but I feel like my body is telling me I need something firm.
Thanks so much for your consideration - I look forward to your reply.
Lou
 
Hi Lou,
Your slender build mitigates in your favor.
We carry a mattress that uses an individually pocketed coil, which is the perfect support for a man with your disc problems. This mattress is upholstered with natural plant based polyurethane foam.
There is NO Memory Foam in this mattress, which is the cause of today's poor quality mattresses.
It has a nice feel on its own, so the only reason to buy a separate latex topper for it, would be to further soften the surface to suite your taste.
UPS shipping is a huge part of the savings, if you can handle bringing it in and setting it up yourself. 
I would suggest getting someone to help you.
Made by The Wolf Company, it's their Brolynn Old Fashioned Two-Sided mattress.
It's one of the best buys on the market.
You should get many years of good support and comfortable sleep out of it.
The quality is excellent and the prices are affordable.
Click on this link to view specifications and prices:

The best pillows, in terms of comfort and longevity, are natural latex.
We carry a nice selection of them...shown here:

UPS Delivery is free
Thanks, Pete 
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of any mattress, keeping it clean and dry.
Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com
Voicemail: 856-874-6894
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Comments