How do I actually choose a mattress?

Ian writes: 

Hi Pete,

I’ve been through a considerable amount of your web site and need to cut to the chase: 
How do I actually choose a mattress? 
I get the support and soft upper. I get there are materials that are just no good for humans, and some manufactures need the short way to make a fast buck. 
I had a Westin Heavenly Bed for several years that I thought was pretty good.  
Even though my wife complained about it. 
Seven mattresses later, she hasn’t found anything better (including custom made organic products, firm, soft, toppers, etc).
I like to sleep on my back which leads to snoring – drives my wife nuts – so I generally sleep on my side. 
I’m a pretty average built, 6’, 50’s. My wife is about 5’ 8”, a little robust, likes to sleep on her side. 
She thinks she wants the softest mattress available. 
I travel extensively so I do sleep on my back when away from home and my favorite hotel beds are Renaissance, Westin, Waldorf, and Fairmont. I prefer a warm room and light blankets. 
My wife likes cold and lots of blankets. 
So, we do cooler when we’re together, which I’m ok with.
 
Thanks, Ian
Good Morning Ian,
To achieve everything both of you want will require a 2 part sleep system.
We start with the mattress like the hotel mattresses, only better.
The important feature of those mattresses is the individually pocketed coils that contour to the shape of the body and maintain the natural alignment of the spine.
So, the mattress I’m recommending is the Wolf Old Fashioned Two Sided Brolynn Mattress in Plush.
It’s a flippable mattress using that same coil system.
The coils are stronger and the steel is double tempered for added durability.
This mattress, in Plush, is comfortable on its own.
What it doesn’t have is memory foam…the source of all complaints.
And, it doesn’t have the really soft luxurious surface feel your wife wants.
What will provide that surface feel is a soft latex mattress topper.
The ones we carry are the highest quality latex on the planet…pure latex with no fillers, additives or synthetics.
Latex is extremely resilient…more resilient than any other type of foam.
You feel that softness when you lay on it, but you don’t sink into it.
The best way to describe the feel of soft latex is that you’re floating.
It does not negate the firm underlying support of the mattress.
There are two choices for this latex topper…the Vita Talalay or the organic Dunlop in extra soft. The difference in feel is very small, but there’s a difference in price, which makes the Suite Sleep 3” Extra Soft Organic Dunlop Latex Mattress Topper the better buy.
Here are the links to both, the mattress and latex toppers, showing specifications and prices.



Shipping for each of these items is Free...and arrive in about a week or so.
Tackling your snoring problem is easier addressed with some effort on your wife’s part. 
Round, opaque ear plugs…available at CVS, work like magic.
All she’ll hear is the sound of her own breathing.
This will leave you free to sleep in your preferred position.
The temperature problem is one which my wife and I have had to address.
Our solution has been to turn up the heat a degree and turn on the ceiling fan.
We have a sheet, cover and blanket.
The blanket gets peeled off and put back on throughout the night as needed.
With two people of differing needs, creative ways need to be found in order to remain in the same bed.
Separate bedrooms is an easy, but not ideal solution.
Thanks, Pete
Every Mattress is Freshly Made to fill your order...Guaranteed!
VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Voicemail: 1-856-874-6894 

Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments