I'm getting back to you after the "flipping the mattress" experiment.

Lee writes: 

Hi Pete,

As you had requested, I'm getting back to you after the "flipping the mattress" experiment.
I turned my latex mattress over, as you suggested.  It's very firm! 
Sciatica pain is actually reduced, which is encouraging! 
The “flip” side doesn’t feel all that welcoming when I first get into bed. 
It has kind of rough texture, a little crunchy, icky.
Tried a Tempurpedic 3” memory foam topper and my sciatica pain came right back. 
Feels very cozy when I first get into bed, though! 
But spinal alignment while on my side falls apart within an hour, ouch!
Should I just try a thicker, softer mattress topper?
Or a firmer mattress topper that you might recommend? 
Or just deal with the weird, stiff texture, which is absolutely preferable to sciatica pain.
It’s weird, I keep reading that side sleepers with sciatica pain need medium, not firm mattresses.
This advice is to avoid pressure points on shoulders and hips. I don’t have any trouble with pressure points.
But I find my that on a softer mattress my shoulders and hips sink way down, causing pain.
I think a rigid surface keeps my hip and shoulder from sinking and avoids compression at the top of my hip/waist. Does this make sense?
I’m thinking of staying with the flipped mattress for a while, and am curious to know if you think I should put something on top to soften the texture but not the overall side support.
Thanks again, Lee
Hi Lee,
Every body is different enough to make a blanket statement concerning back pain, totally ludicrous.
Your memory foam topper is the worst choice of mattress topper…totally worthless.
Latex being the best upholstery material and memory foam being the worst.
Since you intend to use this mattress for a number of years to come, logic dictates that you get a latex topper.
It sounds like too much softness is not good for you.
So, my recommendation is for a Suite Sleep 2” Soft Organic Latex Topper.
Shown here:

Latex doesn’t allow you to sink.
It provides surface cushioning that feels like you’re floating.
FedEx Shipping Is Free.
Thanks, Pete
Every Mattress is Freshly Made to fill your order...Guaranteed!
VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Voicemail: 1-856-874-6894 

Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments