A Mattress for a very heavy woman with arthritis pain in hips, shoulder, back and joints.

Judy writes: 

Hello Pete, 

I am way overdue replacing my more than 20 year old mattress and need some advice. 
I have delayed the purchase because I’ve have never slept on another mattress as comfortable. 
I purchased my Simmons Beautyrest plush pillow top in 2001.
I have read some of your comments about mattresses on your website and find them helpful. 
All the advertising would tell me I should buy a Tempur-Pedic mattress, but I have slept on one and hated it. 
I am aware of the off gassing, as well, which I would be highly sensitive to. 
I was about to purchase a Simmons Beautyrest Harmony Diamond pillow top but am reconsidering after reading your comments about Simmons. A lot has changed in 20 years!
If I give you a few details, could you provide a recommendation for a mattress you sell.
There are lots of new brands I’m not familiar with such as Purple, Casper and others?
I am an older woman who is short and very heavy set. 
I have a rare form of arthritis that effects my back and most of my joints, especially my shoulders and hips. 
I am a side sleeper.  
Whenever I travel and sleep on a firm mattress in a hotel, I am so uncomfortable and in a great deal of pain! 
I have been looking for some sort of topper I can travel with. 
Maybe twin size to be able to put it in my luggage on a plane.
Is that enough details for a recommendation?
I would appreciate any advice you might be willing to provide. Thank you.
Regards, Judy
Hi Judy,
Your particular set of circumstances is among the most difficult to accommodate on a long term basis.
The support system, the mattress, needs to be strong enough for your weight.
Conversely, the surface comfort layers need to be both, soft enough for your condition and durable enough to wear well under your weight.
The mattress needs to be firm for durability under your size, but not so firm as to counter the comfort you need for your condition.
The best we carry is my recommendation.
The Natura of Canada Greenspring Ultra Plush Mattress.
Click on this link to view specifications and prices.

Despite the description of Ultra Plush, I can assure you that the surface feel is NOT soft enough to relieve your arthritis pain.
To that mattress, you’ll add a Suite Sleep 3” Soft All Natural Latex Mattress Topper.
Shown here:

The Pure Vita Talalay Latex is a bit softer than the Organic Dunlop Latex.
This is the sleep system my wife and I have at home.
We are large people, both weighing more than 200 lbs.
My wife has a very sensitive hip.
The addition of the 3” Vita Talalay Latex Topper relieved her hip pain.
These products are of the highest quality and will do the best job of providing the support, comfort and longevity you and your set of circumstances requires.
Delivery is FREE and there’s NO Sales Tax.
Thanks, Pete
Every Mattress is Freshly Made to fill your order...Guaranteed!
VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Voicemail: 1-856-874-6894 

Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments