Having issues with a Nectar Mattress with adjustable base.

Aubrey writes: 

Hi Pete,

I purchased a Nectar Mattress with adjustable base. I bought it right before Christmas. 
Since I’ve had it, the adjustable base buckles & I’m having severe issues with it. 
I’m about 5’6 & about 125 lbs.
As a female it’s important to feel good. I had read the reviews & it said Nectar Premier Sleep was great. 
Ever since I’ve had this, it’s been a nightmare.
My back & shoulders hurt constantly & I’m suffering from lack of sleep & the pain is so intense I don’t know what to do.
I contacted Nectar and told them of the issues and included pictures.
To be honest, I was told I would have to suffer at least 30 days because that is their policy. 
They said the mattress has to conform to my body. 
I’m sorry, but it is a miserable sleep & I want something that is super soft. 
I am not sure why Nectar Sleep insists upon giving me the run around. 
Their customer service is HORRIBLE & I cannot believe how they treat their customers. 
In 30 days, my back will hurt even more than it does now. I cannot wait 30 days. 
I need something that takes away my pressure points & gives me a peaceful sleep. 
What do you recommend?
Thanks, Aubrey
Hi Aubrey,
Frankly, you don’t have a lot of options.
You have to wait the 30 days.
Sleep on the sofa until that time has passed and then send it all back for a refund and start over from scratch.
Why the adjustable bed base? Do you spend a lot of time hanging out in your bedroom? 
That’s the only value in owning one…reading/watching TV.
For sleeping, it has next to zero therapeutic value.
Thanks, Pete
Hi Pete,
Yes, they have approved a return but, they keep giving me the run around like usual. 
I picked the adjustable base with massage so I can sit in bed, feel comfortable, etc. 
However, it’s been a nightmare.
I even tried a mattress from a local chain store & am returning that as well, which is for my guest room. 
At least they have been acting proper instead of giving me the run around. 
I honestly am going to return both mattresses in the coming days.
I will be filing a complaint with the FTC on Nectar Mattress. 
There’s no reason to sleep on a defective adjustable base which doesn’t lie flat & a terrible mattress.
At this point I may consider staying in a hotel somewhere just to have a decent night’s sleep. 
I just want both of these mattresses out of my home. 
I am not sure if a memory foam mattress will be good for my body at this point. 
I really want something soft for myself & my guest.
I am in constant pain & have been having very little sleep since purchasing the Nectar Mattress. 
As of yesterday, I have stopped sleeping on it. If I could throw it in the garbage I would. 
It’s that terrible of a mattress. 
If you could make any recommendations, I would really appreciate it. I don’t know what to do here. 
My love & I tried both mattresses & it was painful for both of us. 
If we spend a third of time in bed, we should be comfortable with something that is helping us sleep well.
Thanks, Aubrey
Hi Aubrey,
You’re right about needing a quality night’s sleep, but you’ll never get there with memory foam. 
That’s what’s in both of your mattresses now.
Nectar uses memory foam and that chain store only carries mattresses upholstered with memory foam.
Memory foam is, by far, the worst upholstery material ever invented, despite all the hype to the contrary.
If an adjustable bed base is what you want, I suggest one of these:
The mattress I recommend for both bedrooms is the Wolf Brolynn Old Fashioned Two Sided Mattress in Plush, using an individually pocketed coil and upholstered with natural plant based polyurethane foam…
containing no memory foam.
Shown here:

If you want more softness than what that mattress provides, add a Suite Sleep 3” Soft Pure Organic Latex Mattress Topper, which will provide a luxurious surface feel, with the side benefit of extending the life of the mattress.
Shown here:

I recommend waiting until the mattress arrives before deciding if the topper is actually necessary.
Shipping is free and there’s no sales tax.
Thanks, Pete
VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Voicemail: 1-856-874-6894 

Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments