I need an old fashioned cotton and springs filled mattress.

 Lizzie writes:

Hi Pete,

I need an old fashioned cotton and springs filled mattress.  
I looked online and finally I found you, someone who gets it.  
I recently purchased a bed in a box and slept on it for two days and I am still paying for that.  
They refunded my money telling me they are not allowed to take it back.  
I saw pricing on your site that was around $699 for what I need.  
Do you pick up the old mattress?  
Please email me here so that I can get the details.  
Also, on the site I think shipping was included, but I could not find those pages again.  
Let me know and how long it takes to receive it and I appreciate your time.  
I hope this is the cotton old fashioned kind of mattress I am used to, not the roll up one.  
Thanks Lizzie

Hi Lizzie,
I’m sorry, what I have uses plant based polyethylene foam with a little cotton in the quilt. 
What you’re asking for goes back more than 50 years.
Back then, the coil unit was likely different and the upholstery was cotton batting with an insulator pad made of coconut fiber/boars hair/horse hair…depending on how far back you go….starting about 100 years ago.

That type of mattress is still being made, but is extraordinarily expensive.
A Swedish import, I believe.

Thanks, Pete

***************

Hi again,
I just need a good solid mattress and I read your site details and like it.  
So, can you speak on the mattress that you stated is good enough to correct my problem?  
I want to buy one from you if you believe it solves problems that memory foam can't.  
I want a good supported mattress and I saw the pricing like I stated to you.  
I am willing to purchase it from you if you deliver it and let me know if s/h is in that pricing and if you will take my old one out let me know please.  
Please give me details on how fast I can get it, etc.  
Thanks Lizzie

Hi Lizzie,
The Wolf Old Fashioned Two-Sided Mattress provides excellent support, and is available in 3 choices of comfort.
This mattress is shrink wrapped, rolled, boxed and ships via UPS.
Removal of your old mattress is not available.

You never mentioned what your problems are, but any mattress upholstered with memory foam will only make them worse....whatever they are. 
There is NO Memory Foam in any mattress we offer.
The Wolf Old Fashioned Two Sided Brolynn mattress takes a week or two to arrive.
Shipping is free and there's no sales tax.

Here is the link you'll need to view specifications and prices.
You can order that mattress through that link.


Thanks, Pete

***************

Hi again, 
I'm so sorry to keep at this, but I thank you for the info.   
NO, I did not want to go back to my childhood with this and know it would not be worth it now with people like you to guide us to new more affordable products. 
To be clear, my problem is lower back pain which has eased because I no longer sleep on that foam. 
I used to buy from a place in Columbia SC that made the mattresses and maybe they used foam and cotton.
It was comfortable and pricing was great. But, they went out of business.  
They would pick up the old one also, but I guess those days are gone, unless you order from a store.
But with all the memory foam, that is not going to happen.   
I just thought after this experience that all beds in boxes were bad. 
The link you sent was the page I was looking for and the mattress I was considering, so thanks again. 
Is this a mattress you make? I will update you when I receive it.   
And I will order it soon. My sister will be ordering also.  She says her old one is hundred years old...LOL.  
I flip or spin mine all the time. That is why it has lasted so long.  
I am glad you ship UPS and Thank you Thank you for all the info and what you do.  
Lizzie

Hi Lizzie,
No need to apologize. Your questions are important. 
This mattress is made my Wolf…the oldest mattress manufacturer in the country that has been owned and operated by the same family…established in 1873.
This mattress uses an individually pocketed coil unit, which contours to the shape of the body and maintains the natural alignment of the spine.
This type of support is what relieves back pain.
I recommend that you opt for the “Plush” choice of comfort.

Thanks, Pete

***********

Hi again,
Plush?  If you don't mind, Why?  Will it be better for me?  I have always had firm or extra firm.  
I am older now, so you think it is okay to start changing or what?  
I will listen you are the expert and thanks for your concern, Lizzie

Hi Lizzie,
The support is firm, regardless of your choice of surface comfort.
It’s hard to believe that any female will be comfortable on the firm surface.
The plush is not too soft by anyone’s standards.
If you go with the firm, you can always soften the surface with any number of products, should you need to.

Thanks, Pete

*************

No, Plush it will be.  I did not know they were all firm regardless.  
Last thing, you mainly point people in the right direction for what mattress would work for them and what problems they may be having correct?  You actually don't make them?  
When I first pulled up your website, I thought you had a factory that made these mattresses.
Anyway, my sister wants to know all of this, but I am sold.
I needed all the info you have given and I will now trust the bed in a box as long as you recommend it.  
Thanks again, Lizzie

Hi Lizzie,
Getting each person in a mattress that best suits their needs, taking everything into consideration, is what we’re all about.
We don’t manufacture anything.


Thanks, Pete

VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 


Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments