Advice on what mattress to buy to help alleviate some of the pain.

Jayne writes: 



Hello Peter,

I’m hoping you can help me. I’m just looking for advice as I live in the UK. 
I don’t think you supply to Britain, but having read all your useful advice I’m hoping you can help me.
I had spinal surgery, a few years ago, and have now been told I will need to have the same surgery again. 
This time, on the upper discs above the original spinal fusion. 
I am in constant pain which keeps me awake at night. I just need some restful sleep. 
I am a side sleeper, (usually on the right side), with pillows under my back on the left.
My weight is 105 lbs., (7 and a half stone)
What I’m after is advice on what to buy to help alleviate some of the pain. 
I also suffer from MS, Multiple Sclerosis which doesn’t help!
Anything you could suggest would most welcome.
Thank you for your help.
Kind regards, Jayne

Hello Jayne,
Since I can’t recommend a particular mattress, let’s focus on the components of the mattress...what to look for and what to avoid.

You’ll want a mattress that uses an individually pocketed coil unit for support and polyurethane or latex foam upholstery for surface comfort.
Poly foam is good. Latex foam is best.

Memory foam, aka Visco foam, aka Gel foam is thee thing to avoid.
Contrary to all the hype surrounding it, memory foam is the absolute worst upholstery material ever invented. 
It will, surely, cause your pain to increase.

If you are unsure about what you’re seeing, as you shop, feel free to email me the specifications of any mattress you’re considering. I’ll be happy to translate the information therein.

Best of luck to you.


Thanks, Pete

VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 


Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments