OMI Wave Latex Mattress Topper smells bad.

Aprile writes: 


Hello Peter,

I purchased the OMI wave latex mattress topper from a retail store in Phoenix, Arizona. 
I was hesitant about buying latex because of the smell associated with it. 
The owner told me he could run this topper through an air chamber to remove the latex smell. 
It didn't work.  
And 7 months later, it still smells bad after sitting in a room with open windows and fans and cleaning it with baking soda per OMI's suggestion. 
I obviously need to recycle this topper, but am at a loss how to find one that will work for me.

I have a Duxiana bed and cotton topper that I loved sleeping on; but the cotton topper is way worn out.  
Now I know not to buy any kind of latex.  
I already know that memory foam never completely off gasses for me.   
I can't find any totally cotton toppers that will provide support for pressure points.  
Some vendors say wool toppers can relieve pressure points and claim the smell will evaporate in a few days. People also told me latex smell would be gone in a few days, so I am not sure about buying a wool topper.  

Do you have any suggestions about a topper I could buy for my bed?
Any insight you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely, Aprile

Hi Aprile,
Pure latex smells like rubber, as that’s what it is.
The odor of rubber can be detected by sticking your nose in it.
Otherwise, there’s no perceptible odor.

Many west coast retailers, however, get their latex from China.
No one here can ever know what additives the Chinese use when processing latex.
I suspect that yours is off gassing the chemicals that were added when made.

Here is a link to the Suite Sleep brand of latex toppers, that we sell.


These latex toppers are made of pure latex only.
As you’ll be able to see by the price, top quality latex is expensive.
These latex toppers are the best quality latex on the planet.
We use one at home.
This is the brand that many of my Duxiana customers buy…with zero complaints of any kind.

Shipping is free and there's no sales tax.


Thanks, Pete

VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 


Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments