Sleep Number Bed Not Working for a 450 Lb. Woman.

Ginger writes: 

Hi Pete,

At this moment, I am in the middle of a 100-night trial on a Sleep Number bed!  
To me, it feels like I am "just dealing with it for a night or two camping" but that feeling may be because of my body.  

First of all, I'm a very large woman, weighing close to 450 pounds. 
I have a frozen shoulder, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis and severe osteoarthritis.  
I sleep alone but I also have positional vertigo, so I sleep catty-corner so I never feel like I am falling. 
I just got rid of a Cal King to get the Queen size sleep number bed.  
I am happy with either size although the Queen feels too small for sleeping catty-corner.  

Last October I stayed at a Worldmark by Wyndham resort for a week.  
They had a Simmons Cape Breton Pillow top and I thought I was in seventh heaven.  
I slept so well but I would love your input to find a bed that works for me. 
This sleep number bed is certainly not working!  
I would love to hear from you.
Thanks, Ginger

Hi Ginger,
I guess you’ve figured out, by now, that a Sleep Number is the wrong mattress for you. 
Quite frankly, it’s the wrong mattress for most people.
An air mattress is like a waterbed, relying on displacement rather than providing real support.

The Simmons Beautyrest mattresses use a pre-compressed, individually pocketed coil unit, which provides upward and contouring support, which maintains the natural alignment of your spine.
It’s this, that makes those hotel Beautyrest mattresses so comfortable.
Unfortunately, their coils are made of raw steel, not tempered steel.
Under your weight, they won’t hold up well nor last very long.

I have a mattress that is made with the same kind of coil system as the Simmons Beautyrest, having a higher coil count, and those coils made of double tempered steel.
Also, the upholstery is Natural Talalay Latex, which is far more resilient than the polyurethane foam used in a hotel grade Beautyrest...which is more resilient than the memory foam used in retail grade Beautyrests.

The Natura of Canada Greenspring is the mattress I’m recommending.
I have had a number of customers sporting your same weight, and this is what works, world well, and lasts a long time.

Specially, it’s their Firm model and a Pure Bliss 3” Plush Natural Talalay Latex Topper to go on it. 
The Firm mattress is for durability and the Plush Latex Topper is for surface comfort.
The topper will need replacing every few to several years, but not the mattress.

The mattress comes with white glove delivery and there’s no sales tax.
The latex topper arrives via ups.

Here are links to both products.
You can order them, securely, online.

https://themattressexpert.com/natura-greenspring-pocketed-coil-mattresses/



Thanks, Pete

VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 


Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments