A King Size Mattress for an Active Elderly Couple.

Will writes:

 Hi Pete,

My wife and I are moving and it’s time for a new king size mattress.  
I’ve read your website from front to back as well as perused other sites.  
Of all the stuff I’ve read, your decades of experience are a big influence on my thinking.

My wife and I are a youngish and active elderly couple, 65 and 73, respectively.  
She is 5’7 and 120 lbs.; I am 5’11 and 159 lbs.  

After everything I’ve read, I’m still a little uncertain about what is best for us.   
The only thing I know for sure is that I’d like the latex to be integrated with the mattress rather than with a separate topper.

Also, the finished height of the bed is important.  
If we shoot for a 26" finished height we won’t be able to use the recommended foundation.  
I assume we can buy a 5.5-inch low-profile box spring of another brand and make it work?

Looking forward to your thoughts,
Thanks, Will 

Hi Will,
Given all of the particulars, your sizes and physical conditions:
Of the mattresses we carry, my recommendation would be the Wolf coil latex Hybrid Tulah model, shown here:


The Tulah uses an individually pocketed coil, upholstered with latex and polyurethane foam.
The only thing that may be an issue, is the UPS delivery.
You’ll need to be able to bring it into the bedroom and unpack it yourself.

Also, it’s a mattress only.
If you need a foundation, I recommend the Basic Black Platform to go with it.
Shown here:


Together with that mattress, the overall height, from the floor, is 25”. 

Shipping is free and there’s no sales tax.


Thanks, Pete

VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 


Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments