Another of Many Unhappy Tempur-Pedic Mattress Owners.

Evan writes: 

Hi Pete,

Thank you for all you do.
I only wish I had found your invaluable blog and website BEFORE buy a Tempur-Pedic mattress.
I bought this hunk of junk, just 6 months ago.
It went bad after the comfort exchange period and long before the payments are scheduled to end.
That's right! It was so expensive, I had to finance it.
So here I am, another of many unhappy Tempur-Pedic mattress owners.

I was amazed to find your blog posts warning about these mattresses.
What you predicted in those blog posts, has happened to us.
I've read your suggestions to others, about flipping the mattress and adding a latex topper.
All that makes total sense to me.
The questions are, which one?, How thick?, How soft?

My wife is an average size side sleeper. I am a bit heavy and also a side sleeper.
Thank you for your recommendation, Evan

Hi Evan,
Once you flip your mattress, you'll find that the underside is really quite firm...too firm for comfort.
It's good for firm support, but you'll need to soften it for the comfort side sleepers require.
My recommendation is for the Suite Sleep 3" Soft All Natural Vita Talalay Latex Mattress Topper.
Shown here:


Vita Talalay Latex is the highest quality Talalay Latex on the planet.
Unlike lesser expensive Talalay Latex, Vita Talalay Latex has no synthetics and no fillers.

Shipping is free and there's no sales tax.


We recommend using a waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry will extend the life of the mattress.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 856-874-6894

Comments