Memory Foam Pillowtop Mattress has Collapsed under a Big Man.

Barbara writes:

Hi Pete,
We bought a memory foam pillowtop mattress, only a few years ago.
At first, we loved the feel. But now, it has totally collapsed on my husband's side.
He is a big man, 6' 8" tall and close to 300 lbs.
My side is nowhere near as bad, but not comfortable anymore, even though I'm much smaller than my husband.
Clearly, we need a new mattress, but I'm paralyzed with fear of making another expensive mistake.
I need a recommendation. I've been reading your blog posts and am wondering about the Natura of Canada mattresses.
I believe you have one of these at home.
Thank you, Barbara

Hi Barbara,
Since you've been reading my blog, I won't go into what a poor quality material memory foam is.
I'm sure you've already read plenty about that.
You're quite right, The Natura of Canada Greenspring mattresses are what I would recommend.
Given that your husband is so tall, his weight is evenly distributed enough to go with the same mattress we use at home.
That would be The Natura of Canada Greenspring Ultra Plush.
Shown here:


This mattress provides, both, strong support and a comfortable sleep surface that won't collapse under a big man.
We, my wife and I, are no light weights...each over 200 lbs.
Our mattress is closing in on 5 years of age...and still, in like new condition.
You need to replace the mattress only. 
The foundation you have is likely to be fine. Just check it before you place your order.

This mattress comes with white glove delivery, including set-up in your bedroom and removal of your old mattress.
Delivery is free and there's no sales tax.

We recommend using a waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry will extend the life of the mattress.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 856-874-6894

Comments