New Mattress and Latex Topper, or just the Topper for the Old Mattress?

Dan writes:

Hi Pete,
After reading a number of your posts, I feel like you have already taught me a great deal about mattresses. 
Thank you! I was hoping you could answer a few questions below.

I am a mid-twenties male, 6’3”, and around 150 lbs. I usually sleep on my side. 
I have some lower back pain in the mornings, but it mostly goes away as I’m up and around during the day. 
I’ve gone back and forth between sleeping on two old twin mattresses, but both have lost support. 
I like the idea of buying a latex topper and a firm mattress, as you recommend.
It gives me the option of keeping the latex topper even if the mattress wears out. 

If I do go with a latex topper, would you recommend the Pure Bliss 2” or 3" plush Talalay
I seem to like the medium/plush mattresses, when I try them at the local stores.

I’ve read that you recommend flipping one-sided memory foam mattresses over and adding the latex topper on that. Does that work on one-sided innerspring mattresses, as well?
Thanks for your time, Dan 

Hi Dan,
Flipping a one sided mattress and adding a latex topper is an excellent way to put off buying a new mattress.
Quite often, they are expensive memory foam mattresses.
We have, in fact, recommended this same trick for one sided innerspring mattresses.
And, as with the memory foam mattresses, it tends to work well.

Being such a slender fellow, I would think that you'd enjoy the 3" more than the 2"....more pressure point relief.
So, yes. Go with the Pure Bliss 2" or 3" Plush Talalay Latex Topper.

If after you get it, should you find that the mattress is not providing adequate support, you can use that topper with the new mattress you buy.
I suggest the Brolynn, two-sided mattress....shown here:

This mattress is "The Best for the Least"...not expensive and well made. (NO Memory Foam).


VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase longevity.
Use our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Thanks, Pete

Questions?

Speak with The Expert
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
(Please include your time zone with your message)

Free Delivery...Factory Direct.
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments