Flipping Over a Serta One Sided Mattress and Adding a Latex Topper.

Craig writes:

Hi Pete,
I have some bad back issues and I'm recently experiencing some hip discomfort too. 
They could be related to my recent weight loss but not sure yet. 
I am 5' 9" and 155 lbs. I've weighed as much as 200 lbs, a couple years ago, when we bought our mattress. 
My wife is petite - 5'1" and 115-120 lbs. 

We have a Serta iComfort with foundation and we were also sold on the memory foam solution for my pain issues. 
The bed was actually really nice for the first year to 18 months - but painful ever since.
I'm hopeful that flipping my Serta one side mattress over and adding a latex topper will really help me.
Buying a new mattress just isn't in the budget, at this time. 

Another thing is that I've had to do is elevate the back of the bed due to issues with acid reflux. 
It's improving but I still need it elevated. 
Would adding a topper raise me up too much? I currently have it lifted 5" in the back.
I really appreciate any advice you may have for all these concerns.
Thanks, Craig

Hi Craig,
Your body weights mitigate in your favor.
You can, indeed, get away with adding a latex topper to the underside of your mattress.
With limited funds, this is a solution that's worth more than the price of the latex.
It gives you several more years of comfortable sleep, before needing to replace your mattress.
It's a solution that has worked for many people, over the past 10 years, or so.

Latex is nothing like memory foam....being far more resilient.
The latex topper won't change the angle of your bed. 
Given your condition issues, I'd suggest the 2" plush talalay topper.
Although, your wife will enjoy the 3" more.
Here is a link to the Pure Talalay Bliss 2" and 3" Plush Natural Talalay Latex Toppers:


UPS Delivery is Free and there's no sales tax.


Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Protect and maximize your mattress investment. Use a waterproof mattress protector.

Comments