A Mattress and Latex Topper for a Heavy Girl with Herniated Discs and Arthritis.

Jennifer writes:

Hello Peter,
I was reading a post that someone sent to you about their back and what you recommended.  
I have 2 herniated discs in my lower back. 
On top of that, I get some pains laying in bed that will radiate down my left side to the outer side of my left knee.  
It's not only a pain, it's a kind of burning feeling.
I also have restless leg syndrome, for which I'm on medication. 
I also have Arthritis in BOTH my knees and am bone on bone, needing both knees replaced.
I am only 41 years old and a heavy girl (5'3 & 262) which is down 70 lbs from about a year ago.   
Anyway, I am not a fan of firm mattresses. I like the feel of being cradled in a soft type of mattress. 
I would LOVE the ones that keep you cool at night.  
Is there anything you can suggest for me with my 3 conditions and a mattress that would make me happy???  
Even if it's a combo of firm and some kind pillowtop?? I REALLY need some helpful advice!
I appreciate your time and help.
Very Sincerely, Jennifer


Hi Jennifer,
Your weight and disc problems demand firm support. 
You must start there, if you are to have any hope of the mattress lasting a decent amount of time.
That pain, you describe that radiates around your hip and down your leg, is called sciatica. 
It stems from a pinched nerve in the small of your back.
Keeping your spine aligned will help relieve that nerve from getting pinched.
Your mattress will require a plush latex topper. Soft Talalay Latex will provide the cradling you want and sleep cool.

My recommendation, based on your personal information is:
The Simmons Beautyrest Black Desiree Luxury Firm Mattress.
A Link to that, shown here:


Add to that, a Pure Talalay Bliss 2" Plush Natural Talalay latex Topper.
That link, shown here:

The mattress comes with White Glove Delivery, which includes set-up and removal of your old mattress.
The latex topper arrives via UPS.
Delivery is free for both, and there's no sales tax.


IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Protect and maximize your mattress investment. Use a waterproof mattress protector.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.


Comments