A Firm Simmons Beautyrest Mattress and a Plush Latex Topper to Relieve Back Pain from Herniated Discs.

Guiseppe writes:

Hi Pete, 
Somehow I ended up on your website and started reading and it seems you are quite the expert for recommending the right mattress for people. 
I am asking for your help and advice since I need a mattress.
I am a 37-year-old male and weigh 165 lbs. I had lower back surgery just 6 months ago. This was my second lower back surgery. 
The first one was 11.5 years ago relating to the L5-S1 and now it was the L4-L5. Both were decompression of herniated discs.
I prefer a mattress with a soft feel and with good support. If it is firm I am not able to sleep at all. 
At the moment I have a Serta mattress (it has a continuous coil system) that lasted only 1.5 years. I wake up with back pain. 
I tried the Bright Mornings Bed from La Quinta Inn & Suites in 2011 and I remember I slept very well. 
I have heard that the Heavenly bed is quite good but haven't tried it, myself. 

Three years ago I was in Italy and had a pocketed coil system mattress and it was soft and great.
It had a layer of memory foam but it had not the typical feel of a memory foam mattress which I am not used to and don't think I like.
I am a stomach sleeper and use a pillow underneath my stomach and ends in between legs.

I hope this helped so that you may help me find a mattress that is good for me.
Thank you, Guiseppe


Buon Giorno, Guiseppe. 
Come Stai?
Nonno mio, si chiamo Guiseppe...de Sicilia.
I don't often get to use the little Italian I know, so that was fun.

The Heavenly bed is a Simmons Beautyrest, which is also at La Quinta. So, you've already tried it and liked it.
The continuous wire coil of the Serta is weak...not long lasting, as you have found out the hard way.The Simmons uses and individually pocketed coil unit. 
With the coils moving independently from one another, it provides contouring support that is designed to maintain the natural alignment of your spine. 
This, more than anything else, will be helpful in relieving any back pain that you may be experiencing.

What you like, is a nice soft sleeping surface. What you don't want is a mattress with soft support. 
A too soft mattress will cause your disc problems to worsen.
What I recommend for you, is the Simmons Beautyrest Platinum Gibson Grove in luxury firm.
Add to that, a 2" of Plush Talalay Latex Topper.
Together, they feel like a million dollars...and, last a very long time.
Here are links to both.




Delivery is free and there's no sales tax.


Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Protect and maximize your mattress investment. Use a waterproof mattress protector.

Comments