A Firm Mattress and a Soft Latex Topper to Relieve Back Pain from Scoliosis.

Anna writes:

Hi Pete,
I've been researching new mattresses as I've been waking up with increased back pain and stiffness over the past few years. 
I'm hesitant as to whether a latex or regular firm mattress with a latex topper would be best for me. 
I have a 53 degree mid thoracic curve which has increased over the past 4 years. 
I presently sleep on a firm mattress that is 10+ years old with a memory foam topper I purchased at Costco over 3 years ago. 
I am a side sleeper (for the most part) and find comfort using a pillow between my knees.
Based on some of the questions I've seen you ask on the blog, I will add:
1) pain is mostly in mid to upper back and right shoulder
2) lying on a floor helps me crack my back and stretch
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and regards, Anna

Hi Anna,
Scoliosis is a tricky problem to circumvent when choosing a mattress.
I recommend the firm contouring support of the individually pocketed coils.
As evidenced by the relief you get from the floor, that support should be quite firm.
You will also need a soft sleeping surface so that you rest comfortably and sleep deeply.
This surface softness should not interfere with the underlying firm support and you'll want to remain like new over the long term.
What I'm recommending is the Natura of Canada Greenspring "Firm" Mattress....which feels a lot like the floor.
To that, you'll add an EverEden Pure, All Natural 2" Soft Talalay latex Topper.
Together, you'll have a many years of proper support and comfort.
Here are links to both products:




The mattress comes with white glove delivery, which includes removal of your old mattress.
The latex topper arrives via UPS.
Both come with free delivery and there's no sales tax.


Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Protect and maximize your mattress investment. Use a waterproof mattress protector.

Comments