Simmons Beautyrest Mattress Sag and Warranty.

John writes:

Hi Pete,
I had an inspector in to measure sag in my Simmons Beautyrest mattress recently because of sag and the inability to sleep properly.  
The mattress is 18 months old and it is King Size.  I am a side sleeper and tend to sleep near the edge of the bed.  
The inspector came and did his measurement saying it was about 1” which was correct from the way he measured it.  
As the indent was near the side and the actual side was down about half inch laying his rule on the bed gave in my view an inaccurate measurement.  
After he left I thought about it and felt that the measurement was unfair so proceeded to do my own.  
Using a 4 ft spirit level I did my measurements.  
I laid the spirit level across the foot and head of the bed to check to see that my bed is level.  It was the bubble was in the middle
I then laid the spirit level across from point A to C and the indent at B = 1”.  This is how the inspector measured it.
I then laid 1 end of the spirit level at the middle of the bed where there was no sag (point A) and held it so the bubble was level over the indent.  
At point B the sag was 2” and at point C it was half inch showing the side had not recovered.
Based on my measurements I think that the mattress is out of spec and should be replaced.
I would be interested in your thoughts.
Regards, John



Hi John,
Short of launching a campaign with the help of the BBB, your state’s Attorney General’s office, your state’s Department of Consumer Affairs, AND your local TV News consumer advocate...or, getting a lawyer...you have no recourse with Simmons or your retailer.

The deck is stacked against you.
These name brands are very good at not not making good on their warranties.
The retailer can’t exchange the mattress without authorization from the manufacturer.
What anyone else thinks, is meaningless.



ALSO IMPORTANT:
I suggest using a waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will greatly extend the life and loft of the upholstery materials inside. Ours sleep cool and make NO Noise.
Shown here:

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments