A Latex Topper on a Firm Sealy Posturepedic Mattress for Back and Hip Pain, Sciatica, 2 Level Lumbar Fusion.

John writes:

Hi Pete,
For the last 20 years, I have been using a Queen Dux 2002, with a 2 inch memory foam topper for the last ? 10 yrs. 
Since I’m a side-sleeper, the DUX seemed to work well for me. 
About 2 months after a 2 level fusion, I continued to have stiffness and pain on rising at the level below the fusion, L5/S1. 
After using a pretty firm motel bed in August and feeling pretty good, I moved to a firm bed in my spare bedroom, without memory foam. 
This bed is a Sealy Posturpedic Alanson, Cushion Firm. 
This seemed to help, but now the firmness is irritating to my right hip, which has had some sciatica pain and numbness since surgery. 
The fusion of L3/4,L4/5 looks very good. 
Apparently, most of the stiffness in that lowest back level is caused by arthritis; it comes and goes depending on my activities and the weather. 

The people at the DUX store said my bed was 21 yrs old—past the 20 year warranty on the springs. 
Seven months ago I tried to improve it by replacing the memory foam. Bad idea! 
I’m wondering if a new firm latex topper on the DUX might solve the issue by adding enough support. 
I guess it’s a difficult question to answer, since you don’t know how much support it still has. 
I welcome your advice. You probably have had a few others like me.
Thanks, John

 
Hi John,
Between a 21 year old Dux and that firmer Posturepedic in your guest room, I’d be more inclined to recommend using the latex topper on the Posturepedic mattress.
Your physical condition has changed. And when it comes to support, the Posturepedic seems to be doing a better job.
All you need, now, is a softer surface atop that firm support.

The greatest degree of pressure point relief is had from the EverEden Pure All Natural Talalay Latex Topper
It’s very soft and equally resilient.
It cushions you, yet holds you up.
The feel is kinda like floating. We use one at home.
The 2” is all you need. The 3” is often too much with your kind of back problem.
Here’s a link to those latex toppers.

themattressexpert.com
Soften the surface of a too firm mattress. Insulate yourself from the memory foam in your mattress to Sleep Cool. Extend the comfort life of your mattress.

UPS Delivery is Free and there’s no sales tax.


ALSO IMPORTANT:
I suggest using a waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will greatly extend the life and loft of the upholstery materials inside. Ours sleep cool and make NO Noise.
Shown here:

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments