Still searching for a comfy mattress.

Kim writes:

Hey Peter,
Quite a few years ago, my husband and I began our search for a comfy mattress. He's 5'8 - 160 lbs and I'm 5'5 - 130 lbs. 
I travel a lot & always sleep well on Marriott mattresses. 
So after reading your blog & researching mattresses, we bought the Sealy Posturepedic SpringFree "Glendale Oaks" with 100% latex core. 
We topped it with a 2" soft latex topper, that I purchased from you. 
We rotate the mattress regularly but are both beginning to experience mid to lower back pain on a daily basis. 
We are ready to throw in the towel and try something different. I would appreciate your recommendation.
Thanks, Kim

Hi Kim
It's obvious to me that your mattress needs to be firmer than what you have. 
Those SpringFree models are one sided mattresses, using a firm latex core, and topped with soft poly foam.
After all this time, it would be the poly foam that has lost its support.
The good news is that you are very unlikely to need to buy anything.
Remove the latex topper. Flip the mattress over, which will put the firm latex core at the top. Re-apply the soft latex topper.
It really should be as easy as that.
We can talk about a new mattress, if that bit of innovation doesn't do the trick for you.
Thanks, Pete

************************************************************************************

Hi Pete,
Wow! Somehow, "Mattress Expert" seems to be an understatement. 
That was a brilliant piece of advice. We did as you said and have slept on it this way for a few days.
All the aches and pains went away. It's like having a brand new bed.
I, simply, can't thank you enough.
You're the best. Kim

Thank you, Kim, for all that.
Frankly, I couldn't have written it better, myself. LOL
I had a feeling that trick would work for you, and I couldn't be happier for you.
Enjoy and Sleep Well. 

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email:
themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments