Saavy Rest Latex Mattress does not properly support Degenerative Disc Disease.

Lisa writes:

Hello Peter,
My husband and I have a king-sized Savvy Rest latex mattress, which is able to be "customized" by changing the three, 3" latex layers to your preference.  
I am 5'3" and 120 lbs and have mild to moderate degenerative disc disease in my lower back and cervical regions.  
I have found that for my side of the bed, what seems to work best is a bottom layer of medium dunlop and a middle and top layer of soft talalay.  
However, I still feel like I toss and turn a bit mainly because I still feel pain and pressure in my lower back.  
My husband, fortunately for him, does not have any back issues and seems to be able to sleep on anything!  
The store owner where we purchased the bed suggested we purchase their Deluxe mattress topper.
It's made with a 3" to 4" "cloud of wool," as the topper is filled with 100% high-loft virgin combed wool and covered in a 230 thread count 100% cotton ticking.  
A latex topper could be ordered, but was described by the store owner as "quite substantial" - and it is, especially the price of $1800 for a covered 3" soft talalay king topper!
My question is, would you recommend the wool topper, purchasing a soft talalay latex topper (2" or 3"?) or purchasing some other type of topper, like an alternative down topper.
I've seen in your blog that you have recommended those from time to time?
Sorry for the length of this, but I would really appreciate your advice.  
Thanks, Lisa

Hi Lisa,
First off, let me say that $1800 for a finished 3" King Wool/Talalay latex topper is an outrageous amount of money. 
Take a look at this, wool/latex toppers from Natura @ $849.00 in king.
Natura Snuggletop Latex Mattress Topper

A moot point, though, as this is not the answer to your problem.
Making your bed softer will only increase your back pain.
An all foam mattress does not provide the push back support against your spine, that a disc related back problem requires...despite latex being the best of all the foams.
Read more about that here:
https://themattressexpert.com/choosing-a-mattress-to-relieve-back-pain/
themattressexpert.com
Choosing a Mattress to Relieve Back Pain Since this is such a frequently asked question, let's start with what to avoid
I'm sorry to say that you simply have the wrong mattress for your condition....with no way of making it so by adding things to it.


Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments