A new mattress with a hump up the middle and scuff marks.


Hi Pete,
Thanks so much for responding. Often, people don't respond to these questions. 
The only tag I could find on the mattress was one which say"Resistant-Conforms to BS 7177:2008 -For domestic use (low Hasard).. Could this be as old as 2008? 
Besides having a hump up the middle, there are other problems.
When the girl in the shop was taking the cash for the mattress she realized another customers name was stuck on the mattress cover with a sticker. 
So, she had to rule out it being held for someone else. She ruled this out! 
When her and my brother in law lifted it flat into his van, after I had paid for it, we noticed it had scuff marks and tiny tear on the corner!! 
As this was the last of this mattress I accepted a 10% discount! 
When I got the mattress home and put it on bed there was another pretty noticeable scuff mark on the other side!
Can you advise please and do you know if this was actually made 2008.
Thanks in advance, Lynn.



Hi Lynne,
From what you're telling me, I suspect you bought this mattress from a clearance center.
What is the name of the store?
Where are they located?...city and state?
Thanks, Pete

Hi Pete,
I bought the mattress from a well known house decor store "Harry Corry". 
They are at "Royal Liver Assurance Retail Park, Old Naas Rd, Inchicore, Dublin 12. Ireland.
I have not contacted them yet as I am unsure of my rights etc..But I'm sure the mattress ain't right..!
I think I may contact them..what you think?
Cheers, Lynn.
Hi Lynne,
Harry Corry has 50 stores throughout the UK and Ireland.
Their website does not indicate that they sell clearance bedding.
So, yes. Call them.
In the US, it's often difficult to get results on the first call. Quite often, complaining has to be taken to higher levels within the company.
I can only hope that you won't have to go through all of that.
Here is a link to their "Contact Us" page.
www.harrycorry.com
Contact Us. We are always happy to help our customers, should you have any questions please contact using the enquiry form below.
Best of luck.



Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments