A latex topper for a Simmons Dr. Hard Mattress in Canada.

Marco writes:

Hi Pete,
My 4 year old son has been sleeping on a very firm mattress ‘Dr. Hard’ from Simmons. 
Although he is not complaining I do see him tossing and turning (he’s a back sleeper) much throughout the night and when I tried sleeping on his full-size bed it was not comfortable.
I know children need to have support from their mattress so I was thinking of getting a 1” soft latex topper so that he can get more comfort while still getting the support he needs from the actual mattress.
What are your thoughts on this strategy and what type of latex should i get?
Kind Regards, Marco



Hi Marco,
The best latex is 100% all natural.
But for one so small, it really doesn't much matter.
One that is blended (natural and synthetic), all synthetic, even a cheap Chinese import where they use clay as a filler...is ok for a boy so light in weight for it to make any kind of real difference.
Quite frankly, for one so small, one inch of polyurethane foam will work just as well and cost a lot less.
Thanks, Pete

***************************************************************************************


Hi Peter,
Thank you for the quick reply. I can definitely afford the 100% natural latex and I do understand what you are saying about my 35 lb son. 

But, sometimes its me who sleeps there at 175 lbs cause I love hard beds ;)
In any case I found a 2” Dunlop 20ld (soft) topper here in Canada for $350 with cotton  cover. 

I am concerned that 2” might just be too thick for the boy and not getting the support he needs. some people have told me to go with 30 ild (medium). 
This is why I was wondering if you made 1” toppers.  
The latex vs foam poly choice is to satisfy my wife’s green conscience. 
Kind Regards,
 Marco

Hi Marco,
Latex is extremely resilient...more so the Dunlop than the Talalay.
Even as an adult, you won't sink in. 
You'll have the feeling of being suspended...almost a zero gravity feel.
Your son won't sink into it, certainly.
That topper you found sounds like an excellent value.
You'll be happy with that.
Your son will, as well...especially as he get older and bigger.
Going with latex is a long term purchase.


I suggest that you get a waterproof mattress protector for the bed. 
It will protect the investment you've made in your son's bed.
This one doesn't sleep hot and won't shrink...all natural, too.
https://themattressexpert.com/mattress-protectors/


themattressexpert.com
Danican Mattress Protectors. All-Natural Waterproof Mattress Protectors Allergen Proof Dust Mite Proof Easy Fit protects mattresses up to 18″ deep.
*************************************************************************************


Great, so I can use this mattress protector over both the 2” topper and the actual mattress? its made of Bamboo?
What would it cost shipped to postal code H7K 3M6?

Should I get the 1" or 2" latex topper?Should I stick with the soft or the medium latex topper?
Marco


Hi Marco,
The waterproof mattress protector is made of cotton and infused with silver, which keeps it cool.
I'll pick up the shipping cost. You can order it on-line, if you decide on that. The price is in US dollars.

Go with the 2" soft topper. It'll be a better value to you and him, long term.
Initially, this is for you...and the 1" won't be a lot of help at adult weight.


Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"


Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments