Mattress recommendation for Sciatica Pain.

Kevin writes:

Hi Pete,
I'm 5'6 and weight 145 lbs.  My wife is about 5'1  and 105 lbs. I was diagnosed with a herniated disc, which caused sciatica pain sometime.  
I bought the king size bed from Amazon  in November 2012 to test to see if that would help. I still get pain every now and then, but I assume that is normal  It depends if I sit too long or carry heavy stuff.  
Lately, I noticed that I get more pain the longer I sleep, usually on the weekend.  Also note that I sleep closer to the edge since our little guy starting sleeping with us.   
I like to know if you have any recommendation for me.  Also, my friend said that he sleep on a 3 inch gel topper on the floor and that helps a lot with back pain.  
I wonder if I should try that too.  I don't mind  the price as long is it helps.  Thanks for you help.  
Kevin

Hi Kevin,
The mattress you bought is memory foam...the worst choice you can make for herniated discs.
Your small size mitigates in your favor and the reason why it's taken 4 years to bother you.
The memory foam, in your mattress, is supported by poly foam, which is much firmer.
The first thing to do, is to flip your mattress over to its firmer side.
This should help right away.
For surface comfort, add an Ever-Eden 2" soft, all natural talalay latex to it.
Shown here:


This should buy you several more years.
When it's time to replace your mattress, use that same latex topper with one of these two-sided, flippable mattresses, from The Wolf Company. 
Each of the 3 models provides the proper support for herniated discs.

themattressexpert.com
Buy a mattress that will last as long as the warranty advertises. Buy a double sided, flippable mattress from The Mattress Expert Today!
Delivery is free and there's no sales tax.



Thanks, Pete

An Important Note: 
Any kind of moisture, be it from spills, accidents or perspiration causes a mattress to wear prematurely.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and won't shrink.


Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments