Best mattress for herniated discs.

Anne writes:

Hello Peter,
I have herniated discs at L4 and L5 and have been researching the best mattress for some time now. 

I have found mixed reviews about Temperpedic, and my issue is that I tend to sweat a lot at night and I believe that the Temperpedic will aggravate that situation. 
What is the best mattress? Firmness? Do I need a topper? If so, what kind? And, do I need a box spring? If so, what kind? 
I usually purchase my bed frames from Ikea which only use wooden slats, but I'm not sure if that will work if I end up with a good mattress.Thank you, in advance, Anne

Hi Anne,
A memory foam mattress is the worst thing you can buy. It will hurt your back and make your condition worse. 
A temperature sensitive material, memory foam sinks as it warms from your body heat...losing the support your back requires.
A good firm innerspring is what's called for here. 
The one we have recommended most often, is one we use at home...The Natura Greenspring, which comes in a choice of comfort.
I, too, have Herniated Discs, as well as Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD), and Bulging Discs. This mattress works well for that.
They have a good, strong pocketed coil unit and are upholstered with Natural Latex....and, ZERO Memory Foam.
Here are links to that line:

https://themattressexpert.com/natura-greenspring-pocketed-coil-mattresses/

themattressexpert.com
Greenspring Liberty Plush Euro Top. Experience deeper, more restorative sleep with the Liberty Plush Euro Mattress. Lush helpings of natural ingredients come together ...
Delivery is free and there's no sales tax.



Thanks, Pete

An Important Note: 
Any kind of moisture, be it from spills, accidents or perspiration causes a mattress to wear prematurely.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and won't shrink.

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments