Back Pain on a memory foam mattress.

Debbie writes:

Hi Pete,
My back pain began many years ago with a fall.  The chiropractor  adjusted with his tools over the course of two years and aligned by back to help me be pain free.  He said there is some degeneration of the discs because I waited a several years before I began his treatment.  (I was very skeptical of Chiropractors).  Now I go in every month just to keep everything going well.  The degeneration is the lowest part of the back......way down at the tailbone.  My current pain, and most all of my pain that I have experienced is on the right side just below the waist, maid way between center back and side.  (If that makes sense.)  I attached a slideshow that I found on Web MD.  Slide #2, where the lady is pressing on both sides of her back, that is where mine hurts.  Typically that is where is hurts.  Never anywhere else.
It was not until my air bed starting being weird and I switched to the innerspring with this horrid memory foam did my back start hurting.  And Last night was the worst......probably the combination of the furniture I  moved yesterday along with the bed last night.  (I have been hauling in bunk bed pieces ....head boards and foot boards to begin construction of the bunk beds for my grandchildren.) Everything is on hold because of the pain.......  
I bottom out through the foam to the mattress.  I don't think the mattress is very good.  When I took everything off of it. when my son moved out, I thought I would die from the horrible odor!!!!  He never laundered his bedding......never smelled anything so TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I need a new bed!!
Thank you,
Debbie


 
Hi Debbie,
There are, basically, two parts to a mattress...the support and the comfort.
An all latex mattress does both. However, the support it offers isn't appropriate for your condition and size. 

Your spine will require the "push back" that an innerspring provides.
Simmons Beautyrest uses an individually pocketed coil unit, where the coils move independently from one another. The result of this, is contouring support that maintains the natural alignment of your spine...providing the "push back" that a latex core won't.
To the mattress, you'll add a soft latex topper. The superior surface comfort of latex is unmatched by anything else...and, is the antithesis of memory foam, which is absolutely worthless.

The next question, is one of expense. You can get away with a World Class Beautyrest, which is about $1000 less than the Black Beautyrest I would prefer you get for longevity, based on your weight.
The two mattresses to consider are: The Simmons Beautyrest World Class Santorini in luxury firm....and The Simmons Beautyrest Black Ava in luxury firm.
The latex topper is the Ever-Eden 2" Soft Talalay.
Here are links to all those items, for you to view.


themattressexpert.com
Beautyrest Recharge World Class Mattress is known for providing both comfort and support. Contact The Mattress Expert to order yours today! 856-874-6894


themattressexpert.com
Simmons Beautyrest Black Mattresses are ON SALE with FREE DELIVERY from The Mattress Expert. Call today to place your order! 856-874-6894


themattressexpert.com
These toppers are finished like a mattress, in a taped edged cotton/polyester knit cover.Talalay Latex is a more supple material and is Hypo-Allergenic
Regardless of which of these two mattresses you choose, you'll get a quality of sleep that you've only dreamed of.

Thanks, Pete

Important Note:
Moisture will cause mattresses to wear out faster.
Protect your mattress from accidents, spills & perspiration with our all natural silver infused cotton waterproof mattress & pillow protectors. They sleep cool and won't shrink when washed in hot water.



Phone: 856-874-6894

Comments