Mattress Help Needed for a big man with disc problems.

Frank writes:

Hi there-
After a week of reading countless reviews I was hoping you might be able to paint a clearer picture as I look for a new mattress.
I'm just coming over surgery on my C6 and C7 discs and I'm 6 ft 275 lbs and in my early 30's. But to complicate matters I like a soft bed. I swear I have never in my life had a better night's sleep than when I'm traveling for work and I stay in Westin's and sleep on their Heavenly Bed. Thought of maybe buying one but then I read so many troublesome reviews and so this circle of confusion began.
I've been looking for Plush or Pillowtop as I enjoy that soft feel but is there a better option out there? And regardless of the type what are some of the best brands and models out there.
Desperately need a new mattress and totally confused on what I have read to date. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Best, Frank

Hi Frank,
A hotel will replace their mattresses every few years. What's more, the rooms are filled on a rotating basis. A mattress may see use every third day.
Under these circumstances, the mattress will remain comfortable for the time they have it.

Take that same plush pillowtop mattress and put it in a master bedroom, you'd be lucky to get a couple of years out of it, applying average body weight.
You'd be lucky to get a year.
If you've been to my website, you may have noticed that we list no plush Beautyrest models.
Their very poor performance is why.
Unlike most stores, we are not simply interested in making a sale.
If we were, we wouldn't care about how well our products wear. We would offer the popular mattresses that wear poorly...like plush Beautyrests and memory foam.

The industry is interested in selling mattresses. To that end, they use lots of memory foam and the people selling it make is sound like the best thing since sliced bread.
From me, you'll hear that it is the worst material ever invented for this purpose.

A mattress is a pressure sensitive product. The more pressure you place upon it, the faster it wears. The softer it is, the faster it wears.
As a big man on a soft mattress, you can expect to replace it frequently.
And while your sense of comfort tells you, that's what you want, it will eventually play havoc with you back. At 30, you can withstand a certain amount of abuse.
As you age, your tolerance will diminish.
The more you indulge yourself now, they worse it will be for you when you're older.

In all honesty, what you think you want is not good for you.
You have two choice at this point...believe what I'm telling you and buy accordingly, or learn for yourself...the hard way.

I carry a mattress that I hesitate to recommend to a man your size.
However, it has the same coil system as a plush Beautyrest...and the feel you want.
The differences are: the gauge of wire used isn't quite as thin as is in the Beautyrests.
The steel is double tempered, where the Beautyrest coils are not tempered at all.
The upholstery is high quality all natural latex, which is far more resilient than the poly & memory foams used in the Beautyrests.

Made by Wolf, the model is Adara, shown here:
http://themattressexpert.com/our-brands/wolf-mattresses/wolf-hybrid-mattress/


However, given your size, I would much rather see you opt for the Adrian model. The coil unit is stronger.


Moisture from perspiration causes premature wear.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and don't shrink.



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments