Sealy Optimum (high end memory foam mattress), Ever-Eden all natural latex.

Cynthia writes:

Hi Pete,
I am a 355 lb woman. I replaced my coil mattress approximately two years ago with a Sealy Optimum (high end memory foam mattress) and an adjustable bed frame. As memory foam does it conformed to my body creating a mold and a significant indentation in my mattress. I now sleep at a slope which is uncomfortable and causes me severe knee pain each night. I was diagnosed recently with severe knee arthritis in both knees. I think the firmness of the foam is playing a role in aggravating the knee pain.
The most significant ongoing concern is I barely sleep each night, which has been going on for 2+ years, and I am physically exhausted.
I need a mattress that will support my weight and not cause a slope or hole BUT is soft enough not cause knee or hip pain because I sleep on my side. If I could use my adjustable bed frame with it that would be a plus. I have been looking at all types of reviews on the internet. You seemed the most thorough and intelligent. I saw a few different recommendations from you and would like to know what you think would be best for me. I just want to be able to sleep.
Thank you for your time.
Cynthia




Hi Cynthia,
The name brands, for the most part, have gone bad. What you bought is one of the worst mattresses made.
Memory foam is the worst material ever invented for use in a mattress. It's pure junk and absolutely worthless.
There are very few mattresses that will hold your weight for very long. The strongest of the most comfortable, is latex, which has been the best you can buy for the last 100 years.
An all latex mattress will also work well on your adjustable bed base.
The best would be one with a Dunlop latex core for strong support and a Talalay Latex top for surface comfort.
An excellent choice is the Ever-Eden 9" all natural latex model, shown here:
Ever-Eden 9" All Natural Latex Mattress


UPS delivery is free and there's no sales tax.



Moisture from perspiration causes premature wear.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and don't shrink.
 Danican Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protector
 Danican Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protector


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments