Need help deciding on which latex mattress topper.

Cynthia writes:
talalay versus dunlop latex topper

Dear Mattress Expert,
Help!  I am interested in a Talalay latex mattress topper and need help choosing thickness and firmness.
My situation:  I have a S & F Newgate Luxury Firm Euro Pillow top.  It's 4 years old now (10 year warranty). I thought I was doing myself a favor by getting a pillow top mattress but I now regret it because despite being labeled a "firm" mattress, the pillow top is not giving me the support I need and my back is overarched.  
How I sleep: I am almost a stomach sleeper. Basically, I sleep on my stomach but with one knee pulled in and propping me up.  For example, if I'm facing the right, I lay on my stomach and then my right knee is pulled in and holding me up while my left arm is under my pillow supporting my head.  So, I'm not completely on my stomach; sort of 3/4 stomach and 1/4 side, if that makes sense.  Sometimes, I will actually sleep on my side but I typically shift into my "stomach-side" position.  Because of this variance in sleeping position, I am unsure about thickness and firmness of a topper.
Height & Weight: I am 5'5" and 155 lbs.  My weight might determine that a 3" medium is right for me.  However, if my goal is to firm up a pillow top mattress (which is "firm" under that), do I need a 2" firm topper?  I am so afraid of making the wrong decision, especially since there are no refunds or exchanges on toppers, right?  Wish I could test these things out in person but I can't find anyone in NJ who has them.
Anyway, I hope you can help me figure this out.  Tired of being in pain and am desperate for a good night's sleep.
Thank you so much, Cynthia



Hi Cynthia,
Given your size, sleeping position and situation, the Dunlop latex topper will suit you better...providing additional support, as well as comfort.
The nice thing about using a high quality product, like latex, is that you don't need as much of it.
The 2" Dunlop or the 2" medium Talalay is what I would recommend for you.


Talalay Latex Foam Mattress Topper
 Talalay Latex Foam Mattress Topper

 Dunlop Latex Foam Mattress Topper



Moisture from perspiration causes premature wear.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and don't shrink.
Danican Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protector


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments