Herniated Disc & Back Pain...Air Mattress?

Anina writes:

I have a herniated disc and suffer from low back pain and radiating pain whenever I sleep on anything other than a really firm mattress.
I need to travel abroad for 2 weeks. Which air mattress would suit me? I cannot sleep on the floor either as this also increases my back pain.
Thanks, Anina 



Hi Anina,
I don't know what makes you think that an air mattress is the answer.
Air and water beds rely on displacement as support, with nothing pushing back against your spine.
The only people who can tolerate that type of support are those who are slender and fit.
A herniated disc does not qualify.
Much of the rest of the world sleeps on latex...the original foam rubber.
I would suggest 3" of Dunlop latex directly on the floor.You'll be able to buy latex where ever it is you're going.
However, if you like to buy it here and take it with you, here's a link where you can buy that.




Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments