Trying a mattress before you buy.

Thanks so much for your detailed response!  After bruising my hips with a firm mattress, I cringe at the thought of a firm but see what you are saying with the latex topper.    Since I'm on my 4th, I would like to see what I am buying. Even more so for the sake of my husband.   I do realize it will be absent of the topper though.  Does this go by any other names.  I have a mattress firm nearby but do I make sure to look at the world class over just the recharge?  
Also, I was surprised to see that you sell the Annapolis Place Firm Pillowtop because I know you aren't fond of pillow-tops.   If I found one of these, would it be a similar feel to the luxury firm with the latex on top... Just to get an idea of the feel. ( I actually slept pretty good with my in laws pillow top over Christmas but wonder about the longevity. ) I'm guessing though that the firm pillow top would be the same. 
With my moms current mattress that I am using along with the new 2.5 inch memory foam, my hips don't hurt anymore ( which is huge)  but I still wake with a stiffness in general where it feels like a board underneath.   Are you pretty sure the firm wont feel like that even with the Latex. 
One other thought. I saw on your blog that night that you mentioned using a topper on the bottom side of a memory foam. Sounds interesting.  But, I think u suggested the dunlop topper over the other latex. I guess I could try the regular latex and if I didn't like, could always go for the new  mattress to put it on 
I do sincerely appreciate your thoughts. Thank you for helping me wake from this nightmare.  I'm sorry for all the questions.. I am just a little gun shy.  Who knew i could experience such immediate pain on a mattress and control my life the last 7 months!?!  
PS: my brother took your advice and loves his! 
Vicki

Hi Vicki,
Just a reminder, trying before you buy hasn't done you much good in your last 4 attempts.
What once was a sound buying practice, is now nothing more than a bad habit.
Relying on your senses in the face of all the grossly deceptive memory foam used, is like going to see a magician perform and pretending it's real. A WWF wrestling match is more believable.
Trying the mattress without the latex topper will tell you little.

The model name for that mattress will be different at every store, as the industry does its best to make it as difficult as possible for you to shop.
However, The Annapolis Place is the starting model in the Simmons Beautyrest World Class Series, in luxury firm.

You should be gun shy about buying at stores, as they practice the deception set up by the mattress industry...and more confident about your brother's success.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments