Replacing a Chatham and Wells king size pillow top mattress.

Theresa writes:

Pete, 
I have a top of the line Chatham and Wells king size pillow top mattress that I bought in 2004. It has served me well, but I am waking up with back pain daily now. I am fearful and have put off replacing it b/c I suspect that the newer mattresses will pale in comparison, even to my older mattress, but then I came across your website. You seem very knowledgeable and maybe you can help me with a recommendation. I am a large woman 5'7" and over 200 lbs. My husband is a similar size. I suffer from fibromyalgia and back pain, by husband also has shoulder pain.
What would you recommend to replace our C&W with that would last and provide us a good nights sleep?
Based on some of the suggestions that you've made online, I have also been considering purchasing one of your latex toppers for my current mattress to see if that would offer some improvement and allow me to try out the 'latex' feel. My second biggest concern (after comfort) is a mattress that is "hot" to sleep in. I am very leery about memory foam because of our size, but also, because I have heard that it can retain body heat and be uncomfortably warm to sleep in.
Lastly, I am in central NJ, I realize you are an online store, but is there a show room anywhere nearby where I might 'tryout' your recommendation?
Thank you and Best regards, Theresa 


Hi Theresa,
Buying the topper and trying it with the mattress you have is the common sense move. It could, very well, be all you need to sleep comfortably for a number of years more.
The 2" Soft Talalay Topper would be the one to get.
Shown Here:
Latex Mattress Topper

If you do, in fact, need a mattress...I recommend the Simmons Beautyrest Black Ava in luxury firm.
My wife and I are similar in size to both of you...a little heavier, actually. We have an older version of this mattress with that same latex topper.
The topper keeps it in like new condition and it is the most comfortable bed we have ever owned.
The Black Ava luxury firm is something you can find at most Simmons dealers. It's called Edenton at Macy's.
Shown here:
http://themattressexpert.com/mattress-brands/simmons/beautyrest-black/


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments