Serta Mattresses and Memory Foam.

Ellen writes:
Memory Foam-themattressexpert.com

Hello,
I wanted to see if you could also give me some mattress advice... We recently purchased a Serta Iseries Moneta  firm.. I did not realize we were getting a firm and when I spoke to the sales lady I told her I was looking for something close to what we had which was a pillowtop that we eventually added a 3" memory foam topper with a pillowtop topper on top of that. I was told when I was in middle school I had a mild case of scoliosis. I believe its in the thoracic region of my spine...After only one night approx. 2-3 hours of sleep my back is killing me. We went back to the mattress store and the sales lady who sold us the mattress said that she has a Serta Iseries mattress that is the plush version she can exchange..The plush mattress feels a little softer but it still seems a bit firm...She also showed us a Southerland Symphony Box Pillowtop mattress that is infused with memory foam, which felt alot softer and closer to what I was use...However the price is lower and she says the Serta is the better mattress... Going with the Southerland we would also take a 300 dollar loss because the restocking fee and delivery would make it the same price as the Serta....The sales lady says that I am probably use to the old broke down mattress and will need to get use to the new one..In your professional opinion what mattress would you think would be better...? I'm 5'6 - 5'7 210lbs my bf is 6'1 240. Thank you and I look forward to you response!
Ellen


Hi Ellen,
Memory foam is the lowest quality upholstery material available.
Serta makes among the worst mattresses on the market.
All this, in stark contrast to what everyone else has to say.
Salespeople are trained to tell you what you want to hear, in order to make a sale.
What you get from me is the hard truth about the junk that the mattress industry is pushing on an unsuspecting public. And of all the junk being pushed, memory foam is the worst of them.
Consisting of 61 different chemicals, some of which being toxic, memory foam is not only low quality with poor performance, but it is also a health hazard. It off gasses the toxic chemicals from which it's made. Those fumes attack your respiratory system, with sinus headache being the most common side effect but not the most dangerous.
You have purchased one of the worst mattresses made. I have nothing good to say about it.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments

  1. how can it be one of the worst mattresses made if it was rated #1 by consumer reports

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my staff alerted me to your comment, I had planned an elaborate response.

    Now, I see that your involvement stopped short of including your name. Suffice it to say that it's perfectly obvious that one of us, Consumer Reports and myself, doesn't have a clue as to what they're talking about.

    The thousands of posts on my various blog sites, provides much evidence to support my position. If you require proof, I suggest you buy one of these mattresses and decide for yourself, which of us is correct.

    Thanks, Pete
    856-874-6894 (9 to 5 pst)

    www.themattressexpert.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment