Simmons Beautyrest Black Ava Mattress with Latex Foam Topper.

Chris writes,

Hi Peter,
I would appreciate some guidance on a new mattress for my wife and I. I am a 57 years old, 5'9" 185 lbs, and a side/back sleeper. My wife is 5'7", 165 lbs, and is also a side/back sleeper. Our current mattress is a 6 yrs old, Queen sized, Sterns & Foster Jasmine Dreams latex mattress ( I think it is Similar to the Sealy Rivercrest). I have recently noticed significant depressions on both my and my wife's sides of the mattress and am experiencing shoulder and back pain I believe is related to this. After discovering your blog, we ordered one of your 2" soft latex toppers and flipped the mattress to see if that helps. We did notice significant improvement, but I am still having lower back stiffness, muscle soreness issues. I think the flipped side of the mattress may just be to hard. I checked out a Beautyrest Black Ava, Luxury Firm today and found it comfortable. Would the Ava with the 2" topper be a good choice for our situation or should we be looking at other options?
Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris,
I'm sorry that the topper on the flip side of your mattress didn't work for you. We have a lot of success with that...with many people able to put off buying a new mattress for years.
Still, the topper was not a wasted purchase, as you will use it on top of the mattress you do buy.
My wife and I, larger than the two of you, have an older version of the Ava...with a 2" soft latex topper on it.
My wife has not backed off of her statement to me, that it is the most comfortable bed she has ever had. The latex topper keeps the mattress feeling like new.
If you like the Ava, I would not dissuade you from it. The triple strand "Cable Coil" of that mattress, makes it one of the best on the market.
Unless body weight or disc problems require the extra firm Alexia model, the Ava is the best choice in the line. The models that are more expensive are a waste of money.
The final price will be 10% less than the price shown here:

Simmons Beautyrest Black Ava
Simmons Beautyrest Black Ava 

Latex  Foam Mattress Topper
Latex  Foam Mattress Topper

With free delivery and no sales tax.

Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments