Herniated discs in back & neck, Broad shoulders...Mattress and latex foam topper.

Pete writes:

Hi Pete,
I've got a set (6) of mildly herniated disks in my mid back as well as a more seriously herniated one in my neck (4 / 5 I think - the typical one that most people have trouble with).
I also have broad shoulder and weight about 190lbs. 5'10". 
I've been told I should sleep on my side - which is fine. But I find that my shoulders roll forward even with good pillow support for my head and that this become very uncomfortable. I seems that my shoulders are simply too broad to not create a pressure point against the mattress compared to my side / hips.
QUESTION: if my bed is too soft, Iannapolis can't sleep and feel "trapped" in it. So what is the best option that provides good firm support but can help relieve this type of pressure point? I don't have any allegiance to a brand right now and this is worth some $$'s to me - if you can't sleep, what's the point?
My partner is 5'0" / 95lbs and happy to try anything that will keep me from tossing and turning all night.
Please help! Thanks! Pete
Hi Pete, You will need a reasonably firm mattress for those discs. Adding a 2" layer of soft latex foam will help dramatically with the surface comfort. I too, have broad shoulders. At home, we use a very good mattress with the same soft latex topper. Unfortunately, there is a limit to how much softness you can add.  For people who are disproportionately shaped...broad shoulders, wide hips, big butt, etc....there comes a point when you have simply find a position that you can nestle into. Here are links to a good choice for mattress and to the toppers.
Simmons Beautyrest World Class Annapolis Place in Luxury Firm.
Beautyrest Recharge World Class Annapolis Place
Beautyrest Recharge World Class Annapolis Place

http://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/
Latex Mattress Topper
Latex Mattress Topper

We also carry a pillow that you will like. It's a finely chopped all latex pillow that they call "Latex Down". 
They call it that because you can mold it around your head and neck any way you want...like you can with a down pillow.
But, unlike a down pillow, it doesn't wear out. It's all natural organic latex.
I use one at home and the arthritis in my neck gives me a whole lot less problems than it used to because of it.
Here's the link to that pillow.

http://themattressexpert.com/organics/organic-pillows/
Pure LatexBLISS Latex Down Pillow
Pure LatexBLISS Latex Down Pillow



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments