A latex topper on old & new mattress, arthritis in hips & shoulders.

Cari writes:

Hello!
I purchased a Stearns & Foster latex bed in 2007. It was ok for the first couple of years. But now, I can not get a good night's sleep. At 46, I am fit and not quite yet menopausal. I am sleeping incredibly hot in the bed from about 1-2 hours into my sleep and continuing throughout the night. I have tried everything---lighter comforters, different sheets, etc. Additional, I have arthritis in my hips and shoulders. My hips are ok in the bed; but my shoulders! So much pain due to a lack of support!! I sleep on my sides and my shoulder gets impinged, now leading to possible surgery. So, I am seeking either a recommendation on a new Beautyrest Black or a solution to my existing bed--either is fine. This is my second attempt as a good bed. I have spent around $2000 plus both times, and would do it again for the right choice. Thanks! Cari



Hi Cari,
The Simmons Black models are the best one sided innerspring mattresses on the market. My wife and I have the Ansleigh in plush/firm.

http://themattressexpert.com/mattress-brands/simmons/beautyrest-black/

This mattress has good support and a comfortable sleeping surface. If you want to soften it, use a 2" soft Talalay latex topper.     That's how we use it at home. My wife has a sore hip and prefers a more luxurious feel. The soft latex topper is the only way to get it that will last for many years. Our topper is 5 years old and still like new. Also, the latex topper retards the development of body impressions.                                                                             Since the latex topper is an integral part of the sleep system, you might consider buy it first and using it on the underside of the mattress you have now. That's right! Flip your one sided mattress over and add the latex topper. You'll be amazed at how well that works. As with many others, you could very well put off the purchase of a new mattress. The underside of the mattress is firm latex and better support than the soft poly foam on the top side. When you finally do buy a new mattress, you can use that very same latex topper on it.  

http://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/
Latex Mattress Topper
Latex Mattress Topper


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments