Recommendation for a new mattress

Keith writes:


Hi Peter,
I think I've reached the time to replace my current mattress which I've had for 14 years. I've tried to do my own research but have information overload so I have no idea what would work best for my situation.
First off, I am a widowed male, 6'1" at 220 lbs. I also have a permanent disability due to nerve damage in the left anterior abdomen (left front). Over the last year I have been changing which sides of the bed I sleep on as well as flipping it to get use out of the second side. But I've reached the point where none of these 4 positions are comfortable any longer. I find myself constantly changing position in bed since the more pressure I feel on my left side the more pain I feel. 
Given this information, any recommendations you can offer would be most greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need any additional information before you can make your recommendation.
Thank you.
Regards, Keith



Hi Keith,
The key to a good night's sleep is, pretty much, the same for everyone...firm conforming support with a comfortable sleeping surface. This combination of support and comfort, has always been the basic elements needed. This is also true for minimizing the pain that goes along with any physical damage. The key being, you maintain the natural alignment of your spine and to relieve the pressure points of your body. This gives you your best shot at finding a comfortable position, in which to get a deep, recuperative night's sleep...one, from which, you awake rested and with a reduction in pain from the time you went to bed.
Sounds good, right?! It is good. In fact, it's one of the best things in life.
Now, having purchased your mattress 14 years ago, you might think that it's as easy to find a good one, as it was then...a mattress that provides all the things you need. It isn't easy. In fact, to find a mattress alone that does this job is impossible....impossible, if you are expecting it to last any real length of time.
Since you last bought, mattresses have gone one sided...half the mattress and half the life.
And, if that weren't bad enough, the materials used in today's mattresses are designed to fail in short order.
Are you familiar with the general outrage over, what is referred to as, "Corporate Greed"?
The banks and investment companies are what you think of first, along these lines. But, it has reached out to include many of the companies in this country and elsewhere worldwide.
The mattress industry is one of these, from manufacturing to retail.
Suffice it to say, the best way around the quality issue in today's mattress market, is with a firm mattress and a soft latex topper.
Latex has always been the best material available...comfortable and resilient.
2" layer of soft Talalay latex provides comfort and pressure point relief, without sacrificing the underlying support of a firm mattress.
Together, they last longer than today's mattresses are designed to last.
Here are links to the best buy mattress and the latex topper.

Simmons Beautyrest World Class Annapolis Place 




Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 (PST Hours 9am to 5pm, Daily)
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Featuring: Simmons Beautyrest, Pure Bliss & EverEden Latex Mattresses, All-Natural Latex Toppers
All Brand New, Factory Fresh to You.

Comments