Medi Coil 2-sided Flippable Mattress

Jeff writes:


I’m sure I’m like many of your customers who email you with questions. I got married in 2004, and my new wife and I bought a new king sized mattress. It was from a big regional chain, and in hindsight we got taken. It’s a “king koil” brand, single sided, “pillow top” with no COILS anywhere to be seen. Its all foam apparently.
It has formed two “valleys” where we each sleep, and a “hill” in between. The “hill” is still firm enough to feel comfortable, if one of us sleeps alone in the bed, but our halves are both horrible. This actually all started about when the mattress was only 3 or 4 years old.
My wife has scoliosis, not really bad, but enough. She tends to be a side sleeper. I have a  bad shoulder, and tend to fall asleep on my back, then roll onto my stomach, or side. We both like a firm mattress (not HARD but firm), but with enough cushion in the top layers so that we can sleep on our sides without our arms going numb etc.
When I started looking, I was astounded that almost no one carried 2-sided mattresses anymore. I want basically what my parents, grandparents always had. The classic “2-sided simmons beautyrest” type of mattress. Our hope is to find a 2-sided innerspring, suited for our needs and sleeping style –perhaps going a little harder than we like, and top it with a quality topper. So that when the topper “wears out” hopefully the mattress itself has not and we can replace the topper instead of the $1500 mattress.
I was thinking one of your 2-sided MediCoil Firm would be best, with an added topper if needed.
I wonder what your thoughts are, and if there are any other questions that I should ask? Oh, I’m 5’5”, 150lb, wife is 5’2” and 125lb.
Thanks, Jeff

Hi Jeff,
Well, you certainly can't go wrong with the Medi-Coil. It was engineered for much heavier people, but the result for smaller people is that it will last an extremely long period of time. I might suggest the plush model, which already has latex in it. While called "plush" to distinguish it from the firm, it's still firmer than any other plush. From what you describe, you probably wouldn't need the topper for it.
In the meantime, while you're waiting to decide and for delivery of your new mattress. Take the one you have now and flip it over. You'll find the underside to be firmer, and perhaps less painful to sleep on in the interim. 
Here is a link to the Medi-Coil plush



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 (PST Hours 9am to 5pm, Daily)
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

FEATURING: The #1 Selling Brand in the USA...Beautyrest by Simmons

Pure, 100% All-Natural, Talalay & Dunlop Latex Mattress Products

                        

               
Also Featuring High Quality Sheets from Dream Fit...Guaranteed to fit and Guaranteed to Stay On
Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

Comments